General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Views about MCF<What's Yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation My Views about MCF<What's Yours?

First I'd like to say this a wonderful and there are plenty of good/friendly,helpful members on here!Navigation of site is pretty simple but takes some getting use to,and creator did great job setting up this Forum.The only issue i have is with the Monte of the Month Voting,from what i've seen it seems that only people nominated are those who are popular with other members,friends etc.I see alot of cars that are worthy of an nomination but instead its same members back and forth(i checked history of winners).And this is not about me personally i just think things should be done fair as possible as anything in Life.Hopefully this doesnt ruffle any feathers of past winners etc,you guys deserved monte of month/nominations. But theres always room for improvement!Lastly to those members who havent been nominated or even looked at,Keep up the good work on those Lovely Montes!I notice ya,I try to view as many as possible (new&old).What's your view???

Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 AM

I understand what your saying and I agree Monte of the month is more Member of the month, it's basically whoever is most helpful to others. Some people are more outgoing and chat on the forum while others just come to give some advice, get some more and go to town on their car. But that's the way it has always been. The Impala site I'm on used to have people submit photos of their cars and the board would pick the best picture every month, they quit doing that a year ago because more people weren't submitting photos, imagine that was pretty time intensive adventure as well.

Nice to see you're checking out other peoples handiwork! :-)

Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by jakefluker
.The only issue i have is with the Monte of the Month Voting,from what i've seen it seems that only people nominated are those who are popular with other members,friends etc.I see alot of cars that are worthy of an nomination but instead its same members back and forth(i checked history of winners).And this is not about me personally i just think things should be done fair as possible as anything in Life.Hopefully this doesnt ruffle any feathers of past winners etc,you guys deserved monte of month/nominations. But theres always room for improvement!Lastly to those members who havent been nominated or even looked at,Keep up the good work on those Lovely Montes!I notice ya,I try to view as many as possible (new&old).What's your view???

Hi `Jake, thank you for your post & comments, but I did not read your suggestions on how you would improve the present system of the Monte of the Month Contest..? ? Have you ever nominated a member's Monte that you believed should be in the
contest ?

Member JAFO `Brian made a great reply & I agree with his thoughts (post)...I know our staff is always open to suggestions to improve our forum. Every member has the right to nominate & vote in the Monte of the Month Contest, and as Brian stated, the active member's are the ones that keep our forum active with their contributions to the forum + it keeps our sponsor's happy..*(Without sponsors, we would not exist)

I think it's only human nature to nominate & vote for a member that you know & has a deserving Monte Carlo...It maybe a reward for their active posts & contributions, but I believe that everyone of our winner's has a deserving winning Monte Carlo, but I believe that everyone that owns & drives a Monte Carlo is a winner
I'd like to own/drive any owners Monte Carlo that is in our Winner's Gallery 4-Sure..

If you have some suggestions for improving, please post & share

Will look forward to your future posts & contributions...

p.s. Hi Brian, great to see you online
Wish you & Member's a Super WeekEnd ~> EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 01-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd like to also add that once you become MOTM you are not eligbile again for the whole next calendar year. (I made it in August of 2011) and can not be nominated again until 2013 (If I understand the rules right) this leaves it open for a whole bunch of new members to win. So it's not like the same members getting MOTM all the time.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 AM

I'm a huge fan of this place. I come and go, but this is my first stop for advice or troubleshooting when it comes to my Monte. I also really love checking out everyone's Montes and picking out some good ideas to implement on my own car.

I'm not quite active enough for MoTM though :p

Old 01-21-2012, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member

Whats up, Space !When you say Monte of the month your referring to the car,so have Monte of month (for those who have took ,time&effort along with $ to showcase their love for Monte Carlo's)and Member of month for those who help others,(advise&contribute)etc.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM

I think the MOTM is as much a popularity contest as is all start voting for your favorite sport.....not always do the most deserving win, it's the one's that are most popular. But that's just how the cookie crumbles. The only way I could see to change it would be to have people vote who don't know the owners of the cars.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member

its not same people winning but the same group of friends that socialize being nominated.If your an outsider you dont get nominated or looked at.hopefully that clears up what i said in previous qoute.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member

Exactly what i'm saying,that sounds like good idea!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I always though we should do it, if you are in the voting for a MOTM you shouldn't be eligible for nominations 2-3 months, make it different every month.

Quick Reply: My Views about MCF<What's Yours?