General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Views about MCF<What's Yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:36 PM

I like it for the simple fact that I can see some cars that I usually don't get to see. It's fun IMO. Knowing some of the members I do know the work and thought and creativity they've put into it though and that always helps sway things a bit.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:50 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I like it the way it is & if you wanna win be active & helpfull, post on threads, do photo shoots of your monte & make threads on it, if you dont how do u expect to win? You cant just join & expect to win, its set up pefect i think, members that win our ones who are active & helpfull

Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 AM

Thanks everyone for your input & posts.

How to Win at Life, Lessons from Rocky - YouTube

The above clip will provides great inspiration on overcoming struggles in life.

===================
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 01-22-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 AM

Ah, Rocky. I need to watch those movies again. It's been a while. I also need to see The Expendables as well. Haven't seen it yet. The music video for Diamond Eyes by Shinedown uses shots from that movie.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In this thread it's been said that MOTM is starting to go to people's heads. I am sure this is not related to the past winners. I have never heard of a member slaming another ride to promote their own or chest beating that they won the MOTM. Or maybe I just misunderstood.

MOTM is not worth getting so upset about there is no monitary award, no prizes, and lasts only for a 30 day period before someone else gets elected. I would hate to see it go away as it is fun, promotes activity and gives a chance to put your car in the spotlight even if you don't win. On the other hand it is becoming a drag to hear people complain about it.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I joined the site in August of 2007 (as a normal member), and won MOTM in October 2007. Still a relative newbie. And being a staff member had nothing to do with it. I became a member of the staff much later.

Unfortunately, voting is always going to be somewhat of a popularity contest. Ride of the month contests on most forums I've been on, usually are somewhat of a popularity contest.

The MOTM was runned different in the early days of MCF. The administrator at the time (not me obviously) would look through the forum's photo gallery and pick a winner of his chosing. That idea doesn't sit well with most people. Including me. Because the admin gets accused of being biased and picking his friends. Not saying that's what happened. But that's why the forum went to the current method of having the forum members nominate and vote.

I don't think there is a perfect way of doing it.

I can't just post pictures of Monte's and not identify the owners. Most Montes on this site (and other Monte sites) are personalized in some way. And the members will know who the car belongs to anyway. So there's no point in trying to keep the identity of the owner secret.

Besides, MOTM is not only about the car itself. The reputation/helpfulness of the member who owns it has a factor also. Someone who is super nice and knowledgeable and helpful to members will no doubt be nominated. No matter what his/her Monte looked like. But if someone is an a-hole jerk, he/she could have the greatest Monte on earth and still not win. That's not a forum thing. That's life.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. Like Space said, we're always open to ideas. We've made many changes to the forum over the years because of ideas from members.
Your right when you say its not perfect just my opinion and others that there is room for improvement!I dont care if i win or nominated "my car is a winner to me regardless of thoughts from others" I noticed a thread awhile back about motm who shared their views about the nominee and they were told to leave thread alone before it turns sour!Members have rights to opinions etc if done in proper way.That doesnt mean their an a**hole jerk.This thread wasnt meant bash MCF etc was supposed to be about what views were about site!And i know owner has to be associated with car,what i was saying the most helpful,etc and car shouldnt be one in the same geez.Monte of month with owner,most helpful Mcf member and maybe one other catergory.Dont care if process changes or not still a very popular site and love it so far In my 40yrs of living i never wanted someone to tell me what i wanna hear just truth lol.Thats Life also.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member

This thread was intended for" How members felt about site!"good or bad(if any) not about how i felt or someone else thoughts of MOTM or MOTY, lets move on if thats all you can focus on!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
In all honesty, I have noticed this pattern also. I have read posts from people that modded their car and contribute their ideals/opinions to the forum on a regular basis but if they weren't accepted into the 'clique' their post went mostly without reply. On the other hand I have read posts from members that rarely post or contribute to the forum yet (because they are part of the clique) have their vehicles elected for MOTM. I never cared for cliques in high school and still don't care for them now. I wish I had a suggestion as how to make the playfield more equal for all members, but unfortunately I don't have the answer. Knowing that others have observed the same pattern though makes me think there must be more to it than just my imagination. As was said though, that's how the cookie crumbles. I'm sure we'd all like to be MOTM winners but if I never am it's no skin off my nose. With or without MOTM 'status' I know I have a great Monte Carlo and nobody can take that away from me.
thanks for your honesty,thats all i was saying.I feel same way about My Monte

Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Thumbs up EveryOne is a Winner that own & drives a Chevy Monte Carlo !

Originally Posted by jakefluker
This thread was intended for" How members felt about site!"good or bad(if any) not about how i felt or someone else thoughts of MOTM or MOTY, lets move on if thats all you can focus on!

Thanks `Jake, for your post and creating member's views on your thread topic.
I appreciate feed back from member's & I am constantly learning something everyday on the MCF & Life.
I agree, we must all move on & enjoy our present & look 4ward to our future...Thanks for your input 4-Sure

Congratulations on your many Win's in your AweSome Monte Carlo

Last edited by Space; 01-22-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:20 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I think MOTM has become a bit overrated.

I'm not putting down the winners or the contest, it's a wonderful fun friendly contest that keeps the forum interesting. All the winners really deserve it, they are real sweet cool rides for sure.

But it's starting to go to peoples heads.

For me, My monte is monte of the month every month inmy eyes. It's the one I can go see anytime. I don't need it in a calender, it's right outside! (or a quick drive to storage)

Every monte is amazing and unique in it's own way.
ALL monte carlo's are bada*s to begin with!
I think those whole boo hoo I'll never win blah blah stuff is nonsense! IT's ALL FOR GOOD FUN!! Lets keep it good fun!
Just because you don't get nominated doesn't mean your monte isn't sweet! They all are in my book!

hope this didn't make anyone mad! Just lets get long and keep this site fun and HAPPY!

Long Live the MC!
I couldnt agree more!Im pretty sure no one is boo hooing cuz they dont get nominated"better not be" lol some members just took off with my view and tried to make negative.i just gave my opinion,site is wonderful!

Quick Reply: My Views about MCF<What's Yours?