General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My New 400 HP Toy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:11 AM

I choose the V-8 '07 Monte SS to easily win that one!

What?!? This is a monte carlo forum isn't it?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R
Obviously you've never driven a V-6 Camaro. The V-6 weighs 3780 lbs and the '07 Monte SS weighs 3490 lbs. Just 290 lbs more, hardly a ton more.

A 2LT, fully loaded is around $29900(w/out ground effects).

The Camaro SS weighs just 370.4 lbs more than the '07 Monte SS.

A 2SS, fully loaded is around $38465(w/out ground effects).

The extra gages are in the Rally Sport Package along with the HID/Halo headlights. As far as leather goes, it's standard on the 2SS. Some folks like leather, some folks don't.

Any way you slice it, even the V-6 Camaro is no slouch and WILL give the V-8 '07 Monte SS a run for it's money.
you obviously are easily impressed. i dont want to drive the v6 camaro. ive raced one against my 06 and blew him away easily.

i didnt realize in this day and age that people took things literally. thanks for the correction on the weight. if you dont think 300lbs is a huge weight difference then you clearly are a mad man. on weight alone thats 3/10s in the quarter.

youve gone from comparing a ls4 monte to V6 ls camaro, to comparing it to a fully loaded V6 camaro Lt. you said you paid 30k for your monte decked out. the Lt camaro loaded without ground effects which SS montes have stock is a hair cheaper. so at that point you could buy a new v6 camaro that makes less torque, slightly more hp, doesnt have ground effects, cargo space, or SS bragging rights, or you could buy a monte SS that with a average driver will beat it stock vs stock everytime. perhaps your 07ss was a dude and thats why that Ls camaro blew your mind, but it doesnt blow my mind and certainly wouldnt put my car to shame.

whether some people like leather or not is no reason for it not to be an option on the 1SS. the only reason to do that is to force people who want leather to pay the 3k upcharge to get a 2SS.

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/byo/b...trim&pvc=19984
oh and heres one i built just for you. fully loaded with out the $2200 ground effects or the $1200 auto trans. $43,360 for a 2SS. not including taxes or delivery.

i dont really know why the camaro SS weight is even part of this debate since the comparison is between a v6 camaro and a ls4 monte carlo. i know full well what the camaro SS is capable of in L99, or LS3 form. now that car puts any of the LS4 cars to shame. which it should being 12k more. i mean lets be realistic its a 400+hp rwd muscle car. i wouldnt expect my 300hp fwd 2dr sport family sedan to compete with it. the camaro SS is a hell of a car, but at what price? hell i intend on getting one myself. i like the car. the v6 camaro isnt a slouch. youre right. its a p.o.s designed for those that couldnt afford a SS, are uncertain about there sexuality, or got one as a graduation gift, and for you to sit here and try and convince people that the V6 camaro Ls would put a ls4 monte to shame in any aspect is ridiculous. is the camaro Ls a good car? sure. would i say its a fair match against a SS monte? no. is the camaro Lt a fair match? sure. would it put a monte SS to shame? nope. power to weight, price to price, comfort to comfort, space to space. the monte owns. now handling yeah it should handle better then the monte, but i dont think that puts the monte to shame any way YOU slice it.

sorry for the thread jack. anyway congrats on the new car. i like it and join on ls1tech. well debate further

oh and please no one bring the v6 mustang into this. ive also beaten one of those, but it was extremely close. that car also suffers from the same afflictions of the v6 camaro.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Yeah, we won't bring those V-6 'stangs into this. They're not even good as a grocery hauler.

The V-6 Camaro will get up and motor. There's no doubt about it. IMO it gives the '06/'07 Monte SS a run for it's money. Costs less too. A viable option for those on a limited budget.

My Camaro SS's MSRP was $41,165. With my GM Supplier Discount and $1000 Supplier Coupon, it was only $38,600. It's loaded, but I kept the midnight silver rims. Hated those $4K ghetto rims and polished rims.

I STILL love Monte's and always will, but for being my dream car and having had the honor of owning 3 of them, they sure seem to find their way out of my garage.

I drive a new Camaro because I love everything about it. Too bad the Monte's went out of production or things would have been different.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. A lot of opinions. I am happy for you to get the car of your dreams. Also, you didn't have to settle for the V6 when you liked the V8 better. That is always a plus when you get the car that you want for a reasonable price. Congrats!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Sweet Camaro man.

Originally Posted by nascar43
Awesome Camaro.....
You did NOT go to the Dark Side.......

This is the DARK SIDE.......

I know the dark side personally. I used to own an AMC Hornet Wagon. I wouldn't mind sporting that Pacer.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by nascar43
Awesome Camaro.....
You did NOT go to the Dark Side.......

This is the DARK SIDE.......

Today, I seen a New Dark Silver Camaro with Orange Stripes.
Looked Great......
LOL- Also don't forget the Chevy Chevette or the Ford Pinto. Sweet Camaro though.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

DAMN. Before i went out looking for my Monte Carlo. I drove two of them. OUT standing cars. I like everything about them. But the price tag. So thats when I started looking at used cars. No payments BUT DAMN man you did good. I looked at the yellow ones and I too settled for white. But with orange stripes. But at $36,000 YIKES. For less then 1/2 that I have a very nice ride. BUT I'am jealous Good TASTE.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:42 PM

I love those New Camaros!