General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My New 400 HP Toy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Congrats. I love the color combo. Is the line of site while driving as low as everyone says it is?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
Congrats. I love the color combo. Is the line of site while driving as low as everyone says it is?
What line of sight? I use "The Force" when I drive.

Actually, it's not too bad. The only people who hate it are the "haters" who don't have one.

The blind spot at the 'C' pillar takes some getting used to when you have a passenger, but without passenger it's OK.

Did I trade up when I got rid of my '07 Monte SS for this? You bet your sweet a** I did!!!

I recommend a 5th Gen Camaro to anyone who wants one. Plenty of price options for differing budgets. Starting at $22,600 and surpassing the $40K mark.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks great!!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Veryy nice

Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM

Damn fine choice there, damn fine!!!

I hope to getting one this time next year for my graduation present, but I will be getting the six speed trans (426hp) version.

Never-the-less, Great choice and congrats...Def jealous...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R
I did it. I went to the dark side and traded in my '07 Monte SS for this(more pics on page 2 of this thread)...

2011 Camaro 2SS "Domino"

Looks like your new Camaro is a Kiss fan too. Got the kabuki makeup already on it.

Very nice ride! Hope you have tons of fun and many years of enjoyment.

Originally Posted by Intimidat3r
I recommend a 5th Gen Camaro to anyone who wants one. Plenty of price options for differing budgets. Starting at $22,600 and surpassing the $40K mark.
You're right on the price options. But personally, if I owned a Camaro, I'd want the one with all the horsepower I can get. I knew people (years ago) that owned 6 cylinder Camaros, 6 cylinder `Stangs, and even a 4 cylinder `Stang. It sucked for them. Unfortunately they got laughed at a lot when they would have to turn down challenges because they knew they couldn't compete.

If I told people I bought a new (insert name of muscle car here), friends would immediately want to try it, race against me, etc... The usual fun stuff. It would suck to have to tell them I got the base model. But I can't afford the new Camaro anyway, so I can only dream of maybe someday.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Default me too...

wow guys, been a whiiiiiiiiiile.
mainly cause i was goin nuts before....

i got the camaro.
yeh, i had to give up the 07 monte SS. she was sweet, sooooooo aweSSome.
but the camaro....
well..

she came home 4/3/2010.
its great!
i still peek in here, too. love my montes, and still got my '84.
long time no see, and ... HELLO and CHEERS to all.
(ill show some pics soon.)

v

Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Looks like your new Camaro is a Kiss fan too. Got the kabuki makeup already on it.

Very nice ride! Hope you have tons of fun and many years of enjoyment.

You're right on the price options. But personally, if I owned a Camaro, I'd want the one with all the horsepower I can get. I knew people (years ago) that owned 6 cylinder Camaros, 6 cylinder `Stangs, and even a 4 cylinder `Stang. It sucked for them. Unfortunately they got laughed at a lot when they would have to turn down challenges because they knew they couldn't compete.

If I told people I bought a new (insert name of muscle car here), friends would immediately want to try it, race against me, etc... The usual fun stuff. It would suck to have to tell them I got the base model. But I can't afford the new Camaro anyway, so I can only dream of maybe someday.

THANK YOU!!! Domino is a KISS fan too. That's how she got her name.

Well, you won't find any 4-banger in the 5th Gen Camaro's. You either get a 312 HP V-6 with the LS and LT models or the 400 HP V-8 with the SS and automatic tranny or 426 HP with the SS and standard tranny.

I'm 42 and past my "street racing" days by about 20 years. I'm more than happy to let the snot-nosed "posers" do their thing. I know Domino is fast, they know she's fast. I don't need to prove it by acting like a maniac by street racing and possibly killing some innocent person(s) who happen to be in the right place at the wrong time.

The base model LS with it's 312 ponies put my 303 HP V-8, '07 Monte SS to shame. Handled better and quicker. Sticker price on my '07 Monte SS was $30K. Sticker price on the '10 Camaro LS was $23K.

I figured since I had to give up my Monte and truck for it, I'd get the "works" with my '11 Camaro SS. Sticker was just under $42K.

With my GM Supplier Discount, I got her for A LOT less than that.

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 10-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 AM

the v6 in the camaro doesnt put the ls4 to shame. it makes more hp but way less tq and weighs a ton more. not to mention its lack of interior space and its all around mr. softy appeal. that and its not optioned out like the monte ss. i like the new camaro and want to get one, but they are super expensive if you want to do it right. you cant get the leather or any of the goodies with out getting the 2SS. my buddy bought one a few months back, but he got the 1SS its nice but no rally gauges or leather. it does go pretty good and would give my 80 a good run for its money(with a good driver).

Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
the v6 in the camaro doesnt put the ls4 to shame. it makes more hp but way less tq and weighs a ton more. not to mention its lack of interior space and its all around mr. softy appeal. that and its not optioned out like the monte ss. i like the new camaro and want to get one, but they are super expensive if you want to do it right. you cant get the leather or any of the goodies with out getting the 2SS. my buddy bought one a few months back, but he got the 1SS its nice but no rally gauges or leather. it does go pretty good and would give my 80 a good run for its money(with a good driver).
Obviously you've never driven a V-6 Camaro. The V-6 weighs 3780 lbs and the '07 Monte SS weighs 3490 lbs. Just 290 lbs more, hardly a ton more.

A 2LT, fully loaded is around $29900(w/out ground effects).

The Camaro SS weighs just 370.4 lbs more than the '07 Monte SS.

A 2SS, fully loaded is around $38465(w/out ground effects).

The extra gages are in the Rally Sport Package along with the HID/Halo headlights. As far as leather goes, it's standard on the 2SS. Some folks like leather, some folks don't.

Any way you slice it, even the V-6 Camaro is no slouch and WILL give the V-8 '07 Monte SS a run for it's money.

Quick Reply: My New 400 HP Toy...