General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: Monte Stored for The Winter

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte Stored for The Winter

What steps do you take to store your Monte during winter? For those that have winters lol. I just fill tank half way, add sta- bil to help keep fuel fresh, detail, put battery on tender and cover her up. I don't drain fluids at all just have them all changes when bring Monte out of storage.

Attached Thumbnails Monte Stored for The Winter-20161017_150119.jpg  
Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Mine will be going in garage soon, hopefully can detail beforehand this year, last year drove it in after driving several rainy days.
I use non-ethanol gas so didn't add any stabil, I just open up the garage and let run for a bit once or twice a month.
Have a cover, but it's mainly in case the cat decides to jump on it

Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Give the car a good wash, full tank, add fuel stablizer, disconnect the battery, cover with a good car cover and then count the days for spring to arrive.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wash the car, swap over to crappy rims, fill the gas tank with sta-bil added, bring my battery inside and put it on my tender, put steel wool in the exhaust tips, and cover it as well.

However, I also take dryer sheets and place them throughout the vehicle. Especially around wiring. I put 2 in the trunk, one under each seat, one in the glovebox, and about 4 in the engine bay. It is my understanding that it helps keep critters away.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Give the car a good wash, full tank, add fuel stablizer, disconnect the battery, cover with a good car cover and then count the days for spring to arrive.
This.

Once put away for winter do not start occasionally as introduces moisture into oil and exhaust system.

I used to put my Z28 away for 7 months.

25 min ride, fuel up with Stabil, 10 minute ride, drive into garage, pull battery, cover car. Change oil right before doing this,

If you start periodically I think worse than waiting until Spring as better to have one cold/dry start than multiple, unless you will get engine and exhaust up to normal operating temperature moisture will combine with sulphur and be corrosive in your oil and exhaust system.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

mine stays in a heated garage so i do nothing.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:55 AM

I park mine in Spring, and I just park it as it is that day. Sits on average for about 7 months. When I pull it I normally fill up the tank, wash it, and change the oil. Never had an issue.