General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Default RE: MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Yep
I saw it.
They used Earnhardt Jr on the radio ads for the Monte Carlo too when it first came out in 06 with the V-8 (which that was the only ad that I heard about the Monte Carlo).

If you dont advertise nor if the dealers dont push the car they will not sell.

I know when I was looking for my Monte the dealers that I talked to told me the reason why they dont advertise is because NASCAR does it for them. They feel that the people are looking at the Monte are big NASCAR fans. If that was the case I think that there would be 3 times the amount of Monte's sold then Impala's..... JUST MY .02 CENTS.....

Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][X(] [X(][/align][align=center][:-]Click on below Image &say a Prayer [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/BF535323154A4A47AF38615C84E94E7B.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][X(]- - - - - - - [X(][/align][align=center][align=center]
The very first Monte Carlo was a reputed classic American muscle car which appeared in the seventies. Being a muscle car, it formed a big body which weighed 3500 pounds. Its long hood measured six feet and the first Monte Carlo’s 454 cubic inch V8 motor delivered 360 horsepower. Standards set by the EPA emission requirements hand in hand with the fuel embargo implemented in the seventies, the old Monte Carlo was forced to reduce its size and power used. Finally, in the year 1988, the production of the Monte Carlo rear-wheel drive was discontinued.[/align][/align]

[/align]The return of the Monte Carlo nameplate mark another years of success that was once had been known throughout the seventies. Monte Carlo’s reappearance somewhat aims to bring back the image of what an ideal American muscle car is. The latest editions of the Monte Carlo includes two trims—the LS and the Z34. What marks the difference between the two vehicles are some trim highlights since both models indeed look identical in their appearance. Under the hood of the two models lie two distinct engines. The Z34 3.4 liter V6 engine delivers 210 horsepower featured with 24-valve, double overhead cam engine. This continues the engine of the muscular Monte Carlo SS. The Monte Carlo Luxury Sport utilizes pushrods and overhead valves in its V6 engine to be able to deliver 160 horsepower.

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]The new edition of the Chevy Monte Carlo considerably carries a higher level of standard equipment. It is now more refined and enhanced. Anyone would fantasize riding a Monte Carlo whenever he sees one. The bad boy look and feel effects increase more the drama it portrays in terms of its performance down the road. From the styling, the roomy interior space, down to the comfortable and easy to operate gauges, this is the vehicle which the driver can easily get along with.

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]Chevy Monte Carlo does not only bring in a luxurious feel and comfort there is in a vehicle. This vehicle also proves its worth in terms of racing. Monte Carlo can handle rough and back roads without ultimately losing the refinements it has. Buyers usually give out the reason of Monte Carlo’s good style for purchasing it. Those who own Monte Carlos love them. A sleek and aerodynamic car, it looks like nothing else when it is down the road. Highly-spirited, fast, comfortable, and competent—this is what a Chevy Monte Carlo is.

[/align][align=center]This is what the Monte Carlo was : ([/align][align=center]- To hopefully be born again -[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/6DE69AA666684F3C993BE2C29BBBFC43.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 PM

I saw those commercial with the Impala. Making them look sport like...( maybe In someone own twisted mine...[sm=icon_rofl.gif].... But I do wonder if , this will raise people's insurance?

Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Default RE: GM to give MONTE CARLO the BOOT : (

I'm sure the Monte will make a resurgance in about 7 years.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator
I'm sure the Monte will make a resurgance in about 7 years.
I agree, the Monte Carlo will return : )
Jeff Gordon & Brian Vickers
in a 2006 Monte Carlo
They drivea Monte Carlo : )
So how will the new 2006 Monte Carlofare?(It didn't [X(])The Monte Carlo has not done so well in Canada[X(], but for that matter neither has the rest of the coupe segment, with many having been dropped by their respective automakers due to sluggish sales. To the Montes credit, its one of the only midsize coupes on the market with ample room in back for large adults, plus it delivers the practicality of a full-size, usable trunk.
The coupe will be built alongside the new Impala at GMs Oshawa, Ontario No. 1 plant, which has recently seen more than $350 million in upgrades. Also, Oshawa No. 1 and No. 2 were recognized in J.D. Powers 2004 Initial Quality Survey for building two of the top five highest quality vehicles in the premium midsize segment, one of which was the Monte Carlo. This continues a yearly winning trend that started in 1999, when the current version of the car debuted.
The combination of GMs high quality manufacturing process and what should be a much more performance-oriented driving experience, should give the Monte Carlo greater competitive edge than the previous model, and possibly even help GM gain some lost market share back from the Japanese. This last scenario seems a difficult problem to solve, mind you, and one that may require GM to come to market with something much bolder when the car gets completely overhauled in its next generation. After all, in this segment its not only the Japanese that are putting up a decent[:@] fight, but Fords new Mustang[:@] is a hard act to measure up to.
Until something bolder comes to market, such as an all-new Camaro, those who enjoy large, reliable, front-wheel drive coupes, with V8 power no less, should find the more conservatively penned Monte Carlo an ideal choice.
[:-]My girlfriend entered...Did yours ?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:32 AM

[:@]It's unfortunate that such a superb car is going to get the ax. But the Monte has dropped off the sales charts as of late. Of course, I think this is a result of a combination of factors, one of them being lack of advertising. I can't remember the last time I saw a Monte Carlo TV commercial, do you?I own a 2007 Monte Carlo LT with the red jewel tintcoat exterior color and it delivers in every category, looks, performance and handling. Not to mentionit hasthe best interior of any GM I have ever owned. I have received nothing but compliments from owners of fellow GM makes, and yes, even Japanese car owners.
One of the selling points of the Monte is its incredible interior space, especially the rear seat, it simply has no competition in this price range when comparing other 2 door coupes. This was one of the reasons I was able to get away with having a two door, yet still have the space to haul the 3 kids, if needed. I understand that the Camaro will offer 2 + 2 seating, similar to the Mustang. This is a good look but lacks the utility of the bench in the back, forcing people who occasionally need that extra passenger room, to go with a four door. What a shame to be banished to the land of four door sedans!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]If you couldn't drive a Monte Carlo, what type of vehicle would you drive -purchase[/align][align=center]with the money you have invested in your Monte?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your choice.[/align][align=center]So many cars, so many choices : )[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If there wasn't a Monte Carlo ever produced[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would look at the Pontiac G6 GTP w/the 3.9 six speed[/align][align=center]0r[/align][align=center]Search for a clean olderCamaro or Trans Am : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
2 years ago I would have said a late model Trans Am. Lately though, DODGE CHALLENGER!!! Those just look bad azz!!! With a powerful Hemi to boot. Can't get better.