General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: GM to give MONTE CARLO the BOOT : (

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=left]Hi Grandpa Dave, The above Trans Am is 4-Sale in Tampa, FLorida[/align][align=left]Is that the area your came to buy your LTZ ? Maybe they are out west also ? : )[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]My friend didn't make it over yet, but he said he is going this weekend to see it.[/align][align=left]It's a super look'in Trans Am. Wish U a Happy, `Space[/align][align=center][/align]Seller Info - Hillsboro Auto Mart More Info
[/align]

Toll Free 1-866-387-4906

[/align][align=center]12950 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
[/align]

[/align]See Our Current Offers
[/align]
I've been to Tampa and I love it.

I drove by the store I was thinking about and it is almost exactly the same design witht the same windows, except it says "Museum of Fine Cars."

Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][:-]Visual Changes to 06-07 Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_29200/tm.htm[/align][align=center]
[X(]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Ends its Run in June 07[X(]

Rumors on GMInsideNews this morning stated that the aging Monte Carlo coupe would cease production and leave the Chevy lineup this June. We just received confirmation from General Motors that this is indeed true; the Monte Carlo will be no more.

We can’t say we’ll miss the Monte Carlo. It was a woefully outdated design and didn’t fit into the “new” GM, where performance will come from new rear-wheel-drive cars like the Pontiac G8 (next year) and Chevy Camaro (in 2009). It also allows Chevy to clear showroom floors for the all-new Malibu, which comes out this fall.

For those Monte Carlo fans in mourning,[X(] you can post your epitaphs below.[X(] [/align][align=center]- Epitaph by `Space -[/align][align=center][X(][/align][align=center]"All good things, come to an End"[/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Will Bow Out at Midyear

[/align]DETROIT — Inside Line has confirmed with supplier sources that production of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo will cease at the end of the 2007 model year. That means the last Monte Carlo will roll off the line sometime this summer.

In recent years, the Monte Carlo has been one of General Motors' biggest successes on the NASCAR stock-car racing circuit. But the two-door companion to the Chevrolet Impala sedan has not resonated with the buying public.

The Monte Carlo nameplate was originally introduced in 1970 to give Chevrolet a rival to the Ford Thunderbird. The Monte Carlo was produced from 1970-'88 and again from 1995-2007. The latest iteration of the front-wheel-drive coupe made its debut at the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show. The current model has a base 3.5-liter V6 that makes 211 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque. The Monte Carlo SS is equipped with a 5.3-liter small-block V8 that makes 303 hp and 323 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are mated to a four-speed automatic transmission.

There had been speculation for months that the Monte Carlo was set to be retired from the Chevrolet lineup.

© Source: article on insideline
Feel free to leave your comments below >>[/align][/align]

Old 03-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Review of the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Pro[/align][blockquote]Spacious interior, low sticker price, powerful engine choices. [/blockquote]

Con[/align][blockquote]Vague steering detracts from handling, off-the-line torque steer in the SS. [/blockquote]

What's New[/align][blockquote]The Monte Carlo receives significant revisions for 2006. On the outside, Chevrolet has altered the car's styling with new front-end styling and taillights. Inside, the Monte Carlo benefits from a redesigned instrument panel, improved audio systems, more comfortable seats and . Mechanical changes include a stronger body structure, retuned suspension geometry for enhanced stability and improved braking systems. There are also new engines for the Chevy car: a base 3.5-liter V6, an upgraded 3.9-liter V6 and a new 5.3-liter V8 for the SS trim, which replaces last year's supercharged V6. Finally, the lineup of trim levels has been shuffled slightly to accommodate a new luxury-oriented LTZ trim. [/blockquote]

Introduction[/align][blockquote]Although it debuted in 1970 at the height of the muscle-car era, the Monte Carlo wasn't just another Chevrolet street machine looking for a fight. Instead, the Monte was Chevrolet's bid for customers who wanted a sporty, upscale coupe that provided a balance of performance and comfort in a stylish package. Additional performance was still an option as the Monte Carlo could be ordered with the famed "SS" package just like its "A-body" siblings. Super Sport Monte Carlos had one of two 454 V8s, beefed-up suspensions and "SS" badges inside and out. A new model was released in 1973 sporting even swoopier sheet metal, but Chevrolet put the kibosh on the SS package due to stiffening emissions restrictions. Second-generation Monte Carlo models lasted until 1978 when an all-new, and considerably smaller, version debuted. The third-generation model offered a V6 for the first time, but the Monte still retained the arcing lines and long hood/short rear deck appearance of its predecessors. Just three years later, the fourth-generation Monte arrived. Although it initially retained "A-body" underpinnings, the Monte Carlo was quickly switched over to the new "G-body" platform in 1982. The Super Sport package returned in 1983, although this time around it consisted of mostly cosmetic changes. Chevy car buyers loved it anyway as the Super Sport Montes proved to be quite popular throughout the '80s. Production continued until 1988 when the Chevy Monte Carlo was replaced by the Lumina coupe. This was not to be the end, however, as the Lumina coupe became the Monte Carlo once again in 1995. At this point the Monte Carlo had been softened and rehashed with front-wheel drive and V6 engines that barely hinted at the performance of years past. The current Monte Carlo debuted in 2000 with more distinctive styling and new underpinnings from the Impala sedan. Significant changes for 2006 bring the Monte Carlo closer to today's buyers needs. An enhanced structure promises improved driving dynamics, while fresh interior and exterior styling give a more modern appearance. Changes under the hood include a new 3.5-liter V6 with 211 hp and a 3.9-liter version that makes 242 hp (the same as last year's supercharged SS). The SS model's supercharged V6 has been[X(] dropped in favor of a 5.3-liter V8 with 303 hp and 323 lb-ft of torque. That's great and all, but with this much juice going to the Monte Carlo's front wheels, torque steer is inevitable. Even with this year's upgrades, the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a cruiser coupe that's more at home on the freeway than twisty mountain roads. [/blockquote]

Old 03-11-2007, 06:06 PM

I really think the NEW Zeta based Impala (Probably 2009 model)will be available in a number of versions. Think about it. The Chevy dealers lost their uplevel car (Oldsomobile) and now they really don't have anything to sell except the Impala and small stuff. They do have the Corvette, but how many Corvettesdo they sell in a year....definetely not many here in Canada.
I think there will be the "Family" type version of the Impala, an uplevel version, intended to replace the Olds, and a performance type model that will appeal to people like us. From what I've seen and read on this electronic marvel (The Internet), they are even talking an Impala with 400+ hp. Not your average family grocery getter.
Unfortunately,I would guess they all will be 4 door jobs. The thing that sets the Montes apart of course was the 2 dr configuration, which in my opinion blows away a 4 door if you a going after a sporty look.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 PM

Chevy might bring the Monte back........
During our trip this week end out of all the billboards that showed Chevy's only one of them had a Monte on it..... That was up on I-99 in PA.

I think if Chevy would have put dollars in to advertsing like they Are doing with the Impala it might have sold better. They already have Earnhardt Jr doing ads of it.....

Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope they bring it back.

It just doesn't make sense to spend the dollars to give it a face lift for '06 only to kill it off in '07?

Giving a car a face liftcan't be cheap. Either from the design or manufacture stand point.

To me they (GM/Chevy) did ever little to advertise the Monte in '06/07. So they have to expect sales to be down.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM

Well I knew it was coming long ago. And I doubt it'll be back anytime soon because the 'majority' of people do not want a 2 door. They want 4 door for the room.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just can't help but feel there'll always be a place for the Monte. Not that GM/Chevy cares. They're going for sales (that = cash).

If what the consumer wanted mattered any to GM/Chevy starting with the '00 Monte they would have been RWD. You heard a lot of current Monte owners screaming for it.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Did you all notice the Impala commercials during the Vegas race...Booooo!!!

Quick Reply: MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )