General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MC LSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: MC LSX

Cort, why don't you ever bring the '81 SC to any of the Monte Nats?

Wish my g/f Deb's '81 SC was in as nice a shape as your car is. Mainly the landau roof, as in I wish it was gone.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I missed it Cort.

Besides attending the 1998, 2001 Nationals in Columbus, OH as a spectator 2003 was the first year I attended as a member.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Being a former member on a grand am forum, I think I may know what this is. The SLP explanation is on the right track.

'99-'05 Grand Am's only came in LS and GT models from the factory. Alot of GrandAm owners on the GA site I was on would mod their grand am GT, just like any other car enthusiast would. Adding turbos, NOS, and all the other performance and appearance mods out there.

These people wanted to distinguish their car as being more than a GT, so they would make-up their own model name. Made up model names included GTR, GTS, GTP, and GTX. GTX was the most popular. As we all know, if there's enough demand for something, the aftermarket will make it. I believe the 00-05 Monte LSX is an aftermarket company's (most likely SLP) creation for LS owners who want to improve the performance and looks of their Monte LS. It is most likely acollection of performance and appearance parts available for you to mod your LS Monte. Mostly a bunch of badges you can stick on your car to make people think your special.

I must admit, the black LSX car mats looks nice. If I had an LS Monte, I'd probably buy 'em.
I believe you to be exactly correct. My experience with LSX is that it is a special designation from SLP for their product lines for Monte Carlo/Impala owners (has been used on f-body cars in the past too). This was not a factory designation/trim level or an engine reference. GTX/R have been used for Pontiacs.