General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Major headlight issues--help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Default Major headlight issues--help!!!!!!!!

Ok, don't judge.
Its a Salvaged Monte Carlo.
2001 LS body-2004 parts from headlight to tailight wires.
Supercharged SS.

Now, i kinda broke the dimmer switch, don't really use brights.
I was driving home one day and i met a car so i dimmed the lights, and its pitch black and all headlights go off, but the parking lights is still on? Uhh huhh.
I freak out, no ones on the road, and i brake and click the dimmer switch and pull the other swith back an forth on the dash, they finally came back on. I continued home and they flickered but never completly went out. Well one night i was out walking around the car and the front right headlight was out, i smacked the headlight and it came back on!! Weird.
A few weeks later i was going to go out one night, NO HEADLIGHTS, no matter what i did, even the switches didnt work, just parkin lights.... So i can hold the (broken) dimmer switch back and have light but if i let go, no. So i drove home brightlightin everyone I had to though. Ok, its been a long while since this has happened and no headlights. In the daytime when i don't need lights they're on, i can hear them kinda like "click" on but at night i start the car up put it in drive and NO headlights.......
This car's possesed, please help me. I'm in dyer need of help, cause i cant have fun at night anymore! :'(

-Cstoots.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM

Hello,
I would say that either you have a bad headlight dimmer switch, a screwy BCM, a stuck photocell, or loose wiring. The body controller pretty much controls almost all of the electronics on the car. 6th Gen Montes are known for their electrical glitches, and as they get older, the more screwy everything becomes. You also might have a bad relay somewhere.. Other members, please chime in if you have any other ideas..

Also, if you broke the dimmer switch, how do you use the turn signals? It uses the same lever..

Old 07-10-2011, 01:52 PM

I can still use the turn signals, but when i pull the dimmer switch back it wont hold for my lights, but they were always automatic. The switch on the dash, i've never used it, someone said that could be the cause but how if i've never used it? I've only used the dimmer switch for switchin low/high beams. I was out one night a long time ago an seen that the right headlight was out, so i smacked it? and it came back on, this cars wacked out anyway. I've changed low beam bulbs also and still nothin.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
qmp

My brights work when i pull the dash off. Once it goes back on, they turn off