General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Juggling multiple upgrades - none done but parts accumulating

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Juggling multiple upgrades - none done but parts accumulating

Man, I've been juggling multiple upgrades for my Monte and I am just spinning wheels about getting them actually installed. I don't know, I get the parts for the upgrade flavor-of-the-month and then throw them into a box saying to myself that they WILL be installed.

So far, brakes are nearly all done pre-treatment and powder-coating, but they've been that way for about 2 months...

Suspension upgrades, slowly getting the parts, with just the AGX's and the lowering springs remaining to get.

(I justify that all by saying that the brakes and suspension will be done at same time...but man, this wait is dragging on.)

Now, this week, I bought the Northstar TB for my car with a Gen V supercharger. Problem...I don't own the Gen V supercharger.... so now, this is gonna sit in a box until I get the Gen V and the supporting hardware. Now, why didn't I just buy the lowering springs or the AGX's and be almost done with the suspension? I don't know. Money in pocket burning hole syndrome. Or why didn't I use that $$$ for the cryo treatment of the rotors or the powdercoating???

So WhyTF did I go an start part buyout for a just-starting engine mod then thats gonna cost me another thousand or so when I could have been closer to the finish on the brakes and suspension???

AAAAgghhhhh. Lots of parts, no focus.

Is it jsut me - or does this happen more often???

Old 10-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol. I wish I had those kinds of problems! Just keep plugging away at the mods and eventually they will all be installed. Good luck.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I've been sitting on my Gen 2 SSC coils for my suspension upgrade for about 3yrs now, had my spoiler for almost 3. I feel your pain. When I bought the springs my thought was just lower on stock shocks for a bit until I can get my AGX but then logic took over and I realized it made no sense to do that. Then all these other things take precedence and here we are 3yrs later and my springs haven't seen the light of day nor have I obtained my AGX.

As for the spoiler, the plan was for me to rattle can it with paint from the dealer but logic struck again which told me it would be better to have it sprayed at a shop. But again, other things take precedence and here I am sitting with my spoiler that's been sanded, prepped and ready for paint....and that's where that process ended.