General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I broke down and did it....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I broke down and did it....

They're mandatory and enforced here in Ontario also. The #8 cover plate in my pics is just sitting loose on top of the license plate. It actually fell off a few seconds after I took the pics.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM

Hey Matt thanks for the pics I am really excited now I can't wait until the grille gets here i think the shipping is going to be slow because I want it so bad.

I guess I don't have an appreciation for the shield because I have never been a Monte Carlo fan. Growing up my next door neighbor had one it was in the 70s, I always thought it was a boat of a car. (I have always been a Camaro and Firebird guy) I like the 80s I think they are cool but I would never own one. to tell the truth I even scoffed at the salesman when he suggested that he had a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator that I might be interested in. ( I was looking for a Camaro or Firebird). I didn't even know the car even existed. Well he had the car at another lot about 70 miles away he said he could have it there the next day. I reluctantly said yeah ok I’ll check it out. So I was off checking out more cars when I ran across a 2003 plain jane MC. it perked my interest. I liked it, so I left there and came home and started searching for this "intimidator" on the net. I found one and fell in love, so i went back the next day and it was everything they said it was, so I made the dealthey were asking 16500, i talked them down to 15500 because it had a warped brake rotor and a (really Bad Detail Job)
and now I’m a proud owner of a nice Limited edition "Intimidator". I mean I grew up in the northwest the first time I heard of Nascar I was in basic training in South Carolina. That’s a whole other funny story. So unlike so people on this post that are crazy about Monte Carlos, I can understand I am crazy about Camaros and Firebirds. Don’t get me wrong I love My 2004 MC I am a total fan of this body style. Not so crazy about the front wheel drive automatic in a sports car. But I love my car it is a sheer pleasure to drive and I am looking forward to moding it to further suit my fancy. Ill post pictures of my car as soon as I get it done thanks again for the tip matt I think that the gloss is a the way to go as my car is also Black.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:47 PM

Yea, I don't really like the shield, and I am evena hardcore Monte fan. Had a 1970, a 1987, and now my 2000 Montes. ButI think you'll be really happy with the SLP grille. I know I was glad when I finally was able to get a big screwdriver and pry that ugly thing off the front of my car...

Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

DITTO to prying that ugly thing off the front of my car!