General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
I drive my Monte HARD : )
47.06%
I drive it EZ : ) : (
50.00%
I drive like a Old Person : ) Really Slooooow
2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

How do you Drive your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: - How 2 Drive your Monte Carlo : )

I try to drive it easy because I want it to last, but out on the open road I have to be careful or I'll look down and be waaay over the speed limit. It's awlfuleasy to speed in the Monte.

Hubby drives like he stole it, well, maybe not that bad, but he's sure not as nice to it or my gas tank as I am. (but he's still banned right now, LOL)

My son says I drive like a grandma now, LOL. Not sure how he drives it the few times he has. He leaves nice and gentle but I haveno idea what he does past my line of sight. I do know the first thing he does is open the sun roof, LOL. Wonder if he's thinking about putting one in his little Honda, LOL.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 AM

I'm usually pretty easy on it, however the odd time I open it up abit.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Becky, do you get the feeling that your hubby and son drive it like they're doing time trials at the Brickyard? LOL

When I'm not stuck in the ridiculous bumper to bumper traffic, I find myself looking down at the speedo only to find that I've past the speed limit a long time ago. The Monte makes it so easy to go right past the speed limit. But I try to be careful, sincemy Monte calls for premium gas.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

Becky, do you get the feeling that your hubby and son drive it like they're doing time trials at the Brickyard? LOL
Yeah, that's the feeling, LOL.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM

[align=center]How to Learn to Drive a High-Performance Car[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
Richard Petty Driving Exp
Drive a NASCAR style stock carOrder online or call 1.800.BE.PETTY
www.1800bepetty.com
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Click the below link for a large list of Driving Schools
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[/align][/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Default RE: How do you Drive your Monte ?

[align=center]Since the Topic Thread is related to How We Drive our Monte Carlo's[/align][align=center]I'm posting the below article...It sure mades me think on how I used to drive.[/align][align=center]Ironically, the kid called his M5 `SpaceGray.[/align][align=center]He made his last post on the M5Forum.[/align][align=center]I hope it's made you `think 2, before you carelessly `Speed.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[X(]The Short, Deadly Story of a Kid and his M5[X(]
Date posted: 01-31-2008

[:-][/align]He posted on the BMW M5 forum — www.M5board.com — as "AmericanM5," the proud new owner of a 2008 BMW M5 painted Space Gray.

He had a problem. It happened when he had "everything set to max" and changed gear with the shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel. As he said, "and I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be a thud noise with the gear change." AmericanM5 wanted to know if this was normal.

And he added: "Let me say I am a beginner when it comes to high-performance cars as I am only 18, so take it easy on me."

Reality Check
The forum members told him that yes, the sensation of an abrupt gear engagement is normal with the M5's automated sequential manual transmission, but several also took the opportunity to express their concerns.

Wrote one: "It's just disturbing to know...that an 18-year-old who is asking these questions about a 500-horsepower car is driving the same streets I am. I don't have anything against young guys driving nice cars, but an 18-year-old being [behind] the wheel of an M5 is what accidents are made of."

AmericanM5 responded: "I completely understand where you are coming from, assuming that I am irresponsible...that is definitely understandable. I do sometimes make bad decisions but I am young and I do drive safe and I will not endanger the lives of others."

These posts were dated January 25, 2008.

Space Gray
At 3:30 a.m. on January 26, a 2008 BMW M5 painted Space Gray flew off the raised end of a runway at a private airport just outside Ocala, Florida, sailed 200 feet through the air and stuck a huge tree. The impact with the tree occurred 15 feet off the ground. Five young men, aged 18 to 20, were killed instantly.

Members of the M5Board began to put the pieces together. AmericanM5 said he was 18, had a 2008 M5 in Space Gray, and said he lived in the Ocala area. And he signed one of the posts, "Josh."

The driver of the crashed M5 had been Josh Ammirato.

Experience Counts
Apparently AmericanM5 had not been entirely truthful in his postings. The M5 belonged not to him, but instead to his father.

When members of the M5board forum had made this suggestion online, AmericanM5 bristled: "It's mine, buddy. I just traded in my
335i[b] and paid the difference."

Another member suggested that AmericanM5's lack of knowledge about the BMW M5's transmission could be easily explained: "Maybe your two years' driving experience in your whole life is the problem."

AmericanM5 responded: "That could be a good assumption but the fact I never drive a manual car before may be true, but I've been driving for a lot longer than two years, buddy."

Reports indicate that Ammirato had received four traffic citations in the last two years.

Is This for Real

Old 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM

For the first 2 or 3 months I drove my car pretty hard. Hard launches at lights, Hard accelaration on onramps. Trying to out run other cars. stuff like that.
How I didn't get a ticke I don't know, I think I owe a few to Beltronics LOL.

But nowI kindaCruise most of the time. Not too slow not too fast. Justright.
I would accelarate here and there but it is mostly cuz its needed not cuz I can.

Oh yeah and when I get out of work on Fridays I might peeloffout the parking lotif the weather is ok as a little weekend startcelebratoion. LOL.

Thats a said story Space. Makes you think.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 PM

when im driving on the 401 i set my cruise control now to about 115-120 at the most because they are really cracking down. because its not hard driving a monte too look down and realize holy **** im going 160 lol.

but once and a while when im at a light and a car pulls up next too me thinking he is hott ****, its fun too just smoke them.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 AM

Speeding is just normal for me when I drive, as long as the weather isn't too bad. I normally drive 10-15 mph over the limit, but my radar detector is just like a seat belt, I don't drive without one. That being said, you have to pick and choose a lot of times when to speed and when not to. In heavy traffic, I just go with the flow, when out on the freeways or backroad 2 lanes with little traffic 10 -15 over seems just right.

I also use my eyes just as much as my radar detector to pick up police and clues that there are police around. If people are hitting their brakes in front of you, there's a reason for it. Also, know or try to know where the police in your area like to sit and run radar/laser, and SLOW DOWN when you get near those areas.

Sorry to disagree with you Cowboy, but you can speed and get away with it, if you're smart about it. In 28 years of driving, I have NEVER been pulled over for speeding, let alone given a ticket for it. Even though I routinely break the "speed limit." I consider it more of a revenue enhancement limit.

Also, for Becky, trust me on this, as soon as your son is out of visual range, he's nailing that bad boy, just as your husband is, too. You can't help it, really.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 AM

Thanks members for your posts/votes
Right now it's about 50/50
50% of member's drive their Monte's Hard
& the other 50% drive their Monte's Easy : )
I think the Monte Carlo has proven that it can take
hard driving, `If...it's maintained properly.
$ for $ & # for #, the Monte Carlo gives
Big Bangs 4 the Dollars $$'s
and you can have four friends travel in
comfort with you....
Yes, I'm a Monte Carlo `Fan

Quick Reply: How do you Drive your Monte ?