General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
I drive my Monte HARD : )
47.06%
I drive it EZ : ) : (
50.00%
I drive like a Old Person : ) Really Slooooow
2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

How do you Drive your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: - How 2 Drive your Monte Carlo : )

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Taz

I've heard people say that you should drive it like you stole it.
But I believe if you abuse your car, it'll abuse you.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Amen to the above : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Mod `Taz, I really like your new temp `sig.[/align][align=center](I smile everytime I see it : )[/align][align=center]That Harley is Awesome...[/align][align=center]I was happy to read that it was donated to the[/align][align=center]Victory Junction Gang[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align]
[:-]MCF Mod's

Sunoco donates cycle to Victory Junction Gang
Proceeds from OCC-madebike to benefit Petty's charity camp
[align=center][/align][align=center]I will have to email that pic to Mod `Wiz....[/align][align=center]Have U heard from Mod Bigg `J....I guess his new baby is[/align][align=center]taking all his time.....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out/Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Bigg J logs in once in a while, but rarely posts.

I haven't heard from Wiz Kidd in a while. If you're going to send the pic to Josh, maybe send him this full sized one instead of the cropped version in my temporary sig.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/D064258E0F6A4BA88BF0C76663D7A399.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:39 PM

Thanks `Mod Taz,
Great PhotoShop Work
If the member's only knew that it is the MCF `Mod Staff : )
LOL ~ LOL
Oh, thanks 4 being a Great Mod...We Appreciate
you donating your time, & keep'in the MCF a
Stress `Free Zone
~ Peace ~

Old 01-31-2008, 03:22 PM

[align=center]Places to Drive Fast
[:-] [/align][align=right]
Move Outa my way there Porche.....ZR-1 is com'in : )
[/align]

There is a controversy a'brewin in Germany about speed limits on the Autobahn. Seems that German Porshe and BMW owners do not want keep all those horses under their hood tethered to a mere 80 miles per hour, when they're used to going, say 170. As anybody with a high cylinder index will tell you, if you've got the cylinders, you want to use them.

What can they do?

As a service to them and all other speed lovers, here's Bill's list of places you can drive fast, legally.

PLACES TO DRIVE FASTER

Slow:

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]80 mph in West Texas (yee-hah!) [/align][*][align=center]80 mph (approx) in most of Eastern Europe - Poland, Slovenia, Romania, etc[/align][/ul][align=center]
Less Slow:
[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]95 mph on portions of the Italian Autostrade[/align][*][align=center][/align][*][align=center][/align][*][align=center][/align][*][align=center]100 mph on portions of the Austria Autobahn[/align][/ul][align=center]
Road in Nepal -->

Not Slow: Places without limits
[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]German Autobahn [/align][*][align=center]Unposted areas on the Isle of Man [/align][*][align=center]Unposted areas in Nepal[/align][/ul][align=center]
( But I can't really imagine driving all that fast in Nepal, given all the yak-cart traffic slowing you down.)

MCF Members, please post places you know to drive `fast...legal & those
hidden places you test out your Monte : ) Do you have a place 4 that ?
[sm=feedback.gif]Thanks [/align]

Old 01-31-2008, 04:16 PM

the autobhan has been in this whole mess for a while. BUT it is not the whole thing that you can go with out any limit. most places in big city traffic areas is limited to 130klm,
Also if you are out in a unposted area and you floor it you had better know what your doing and also knwo that even if there is no limit you are expected to drive with in the limits of your car,you ,and also the weather conditions.

And if you do somehtign they dont like they will chase you down for it.

I had one come up next to me in Germany. and stay with me till we broke 100mph. then he kind of decied to slow down some. BUT if i were to total out my car and kill or hurt another person i would have had to eat the entier thing EVEN IF IT WAS THIER FAULT!!!

But the thing that is nice is they KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THERE!

I think and wish that they should adapt thier driving training here and allow the roads to be opend up in rual areas .

Also space dude you for got nurumberg race way in nurumber DE.
Also hockeimhime in hockenhime Germany.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bGDafJGSIAk

here is a link to one of our members that is a native to GErmany. he had his car re air brushed . he has a skull fetish LOL

But this is a 4 dr. car but i can let you knwo it pretty much out runs anythign near it. nice ride.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:04 AM

Mod `Mickey,

[align=center][/align]
Thanks for the correction to my spelling, &
[align=center]alsothanks 4 being a Great Mod...We Appreciate[/align][align=center]you donating your time, & keep'in the MCF a[/align][align=center]Stress `Free Zone[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 06:14 AM

How to Drive Fast and Avoid Tickets
[:-]
Introduction
The key to fast, safe freeway driving is to vary speeds and move through traffic clusters without being conspicuous. Here are some techniques to keep a low profile on the open road.
[align=center][/align]

Instructions
Difficulty: Moderate
[align=center][/align]

Steps

[align=center][/align]
Step One
Learn about traffic clusters. In most interstate driving there are dense clusters, or packs of vehicles separated by various lengths of open road. Fast driving through packs requires specific techniques.
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
Step Two
Practice driving through traffic clusters. Move with the faster vehicles, whether
cars or trucks. Try not to lead fast-moving chains. Vary your speed frequently. Time your lane changes to pass multiple vehicles, rather than weaving in and out of lanes. Know what vehicles are doing ahead of you to plan your route through the pack.

[align=center][/align]
Step Three
Time your run through the open stretch between packs with the best conditions. The best stretch of road for a high-speed run is straight and slightly downhill. Check shoulders and medians for safety vehicles as far ahead as you can see.

[align=center][/align]
Step Four
Study the vehicles and conditions ahead when you arrive at the rear of the next pack. Then begin moving through the pack with the faster vehicles, picking the most advantageous lane changes. Practicing these techniques will allow you to drive fast and avoid tickets on the open road.

[align=center][/align]

Member's, What do you think of above article ?
[align=center][/align]
Post your thoughts/suggestions : ) Thanks
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]mmmh Race Driver ?[/align][*][align=center]How to Drive Fast and Avoid Tickets [/align][*][align=center]How to Avoid Traffic Tickets [/align][*][align=center]How to Become a NASCAR Driver [/align][*][align=center]How to Get out of a Speeding Ticket [/align][*][align=center]How to Avoid a Parking Ticket [/align][ul][/ul]

Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think the above article is BS 'Space. if you drive fast, you will get caught... one day or another. simple as that. the above article encourages speeding, reckless driving, and flat out stupidity in my opinion. what it should try to tell you is how to get out of the ticket once you got one.... to me that article is uselesss. common sense in a way... what you should do if you HAVE to speed is get with a pack that is speeding and ride iwth them..... but even then, you're going to get a ticket eventually.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 AM

[align=center]`Duane Cowboy[/align][align=center]The point of the post is to solicit[/align][align=center]member'sopinions. The good & the bad.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for yours [/align][align=center]We read, and sometimes we learn something[/align][align=center]that can be applied to our life : )[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL ~ LOL[/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

i think the above article is BS 'Space. if you drive fast, you will get caught... one day or another. simple as that. the above article encourages speeding, reckless driving, and flat out stupidity in my opinion. what it should try to tell you is how to get out of the ticket once you got one.... to me that article is uselesss. common sense in a way... what you should do if you HAVE to speed is get with a pack that is speeding and ride iwth them..... but even then, you're going to get a ticket eventually.
[:-]
[align=center]How to Get out of a Speeding Ticket [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Duane, I didn't write it...I just posted `it : )[/align]

Quick Reply: How do you Drive your Monte ?