General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
I drive my Monte HARD : )
47.06%
I drive it EZ : ) : (
50.00%
I drive like a Old Person : ) Really Slooooow
2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

How do you Drive your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How do you Drive your Monte ?

[align=center]How to drive your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][:-] [:-][/align][align=center]Answer: With Pride of ownership : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please Post How you drive your Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ _[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Updated:2007[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Drive Like a Cop[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]By JOE HOLLINGSWORTH[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]& Officer `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The FBI says police officers are about as likely to be killed in a vehicle crash as with a criminal's gun. Cops drive in a high-threat, workload-intensive environment: blaring sirens, flashing computers, screaming radios, civilian drivers seemingly bent on kamikaze attacks, and, at their destination, angry bad guys who don't particularly respect public servants. All reasons that cops take driving very seriously. With feedback from officers in the field, law enforcement driving instructors have compiled numerous tips to help their students avoid becoming a statistic. Here, we pass those along to you.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[/align][align=center][b]Watch Your Hands
Airbags save lives, but many a police officer has been unnecessarily injured because their hands were over the airbag when it went off. At the school for law enforcement driving instructors I recently attended, the story was told of an officer who was driving with his wrist draped over the top of the steering wheel. His attention was diverted by the in-car computer and he smashed into a car that suddenly pulled in front of him: the deploying airbag broke his lower arm and caused his own hand to break out his front teeth. While driving straight, police instructors say that your hands should be at 3 and 9 o'clock on the steering wheel. If you MUST be lazy, try 4 and 8 o'clock. Also, the police instructors say, learn the "shuffle steering" technique where the left hand never ventures to the right side of the wheel and vice versa. To turn right, first pull down with the right hand. Next release the right hand grip while pushing up with the left hand and raising the right hand up to grab more wheel. Repeat. With practice, it's possible to drive as fast as possible through the tightest course without your hands going above 10 and 2.

Side windows should be all the way up or all the way down. Imagine a pane of glass, edge on, banging into your temple. Now picture a side-impact car crash that snaps your neck against a partially open side window. A guillotine is only slightly more efficient. Because few officers enjoy collecting dismembered body parts from the roadway, your side windows should be all the way up or all the way down. For vehicles with side windows that don't go below the top of the door, this means "all the way up all the time." Fully raised is pre

Old 06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Default RE: - How 2 Drive your Monte Carlo like a Cop -

[align=center]Officer Happy went 2 Police Driving School[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Really Sorry Chief, I'm really Drunk as Zhit : ) I know ...,back to driv'in School. Hey, Cheif....wanta Stop 4 a few beers ?[/align][align=center][sm=icon_cheers.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Well, it's not as bad as the last one Officer Happy Crashed [:-][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

well the ones that go by my store on the main street here with there sirens going are doing over 100mph in a spot where it would be 35mph...its just likea blur...wish i could do that and not get in trouble

Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM

you can just get a set of blue lights and the lic. to drive with them on and spend the time in the driving school and the boot camp to get the uniform to go with all that to :-)

Then you can also sit and eat dougnuts and chase bad guys and drive fast legaly!!

I have a few to add to your post here Space man.

1. When you see the T-signal come on on a big truck GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!! DO NOT SPEED UP TP PASS!!!! GO AROUND THE OTHER SIDE OF HIM IF YOU CAN OR MOVE TO THE NEXT LANE OVER.
2. WHEN IT RAINS TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS SO OTHERS CAN SEE YA!!!
I wish they would make a rain cathcer that dose this for everyone when it gets wet.

3. REMEBER A BIG TRUCK FULLY LOADED IS 80,000 LBS. AND IT DON'T STOP FAST AT ALL!!! THEY TEND TO STOP BETTER AFTER THEY RUN YOU OVER FOR PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!

4.REMBER WE DONT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF LOOKING OUT THE BACK SIDE WINDOW TO SEE YOU . SO REMEBER TO NOT SIT NEXT TO A BIG TRUCK IF YOUCAN'T SEE OUR MIORS WE CANT SEE YOU!! AND EVEN IF YOU CAN SEE OUR MIORS IT DON'T ALWAYS MEAN WE SEE YOU!!!

ok thanks i am done with my soap box for this thread.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 AM

[align=center]How to Drive a Car
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There are many different types of vehicle you can learn how to drive, but there are specific steps to take when driving a normal car. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Steps [/align][ol][*][align=center]Prepare for the experience. Learning to drive a car can be both exciting and daunting. However, driving is not only fun and easy, but also rewarding, and cruising down a road on a cool Sunday afternoon can be incredibly fun! [/align][*][align=center]Learn to drive. It might be a good idea to take professional lessons from a driving institute. However, if this is not possible, enlist the aid of a sibling, parent, or friend who is a careful driver and has been driving for a while. [/align][*][align=center]Be alert. Check the rear view and side mirrors; make sure you can see all traffic and pedestrians behind you. Make it a habit to check your mirrors every few seconds while driving. [/align][*][align=center]Watch out for trucks, buses, and SUVs that charge the road. Sometimes people with big cars drive like bullies, and you need to understand that if your car comes head to head with them, your car will lose. [/align][*][align=center]
Tips [/align][/ol][*][align=center]Take it easy. Slow down, put on some relaxing music and just cruise. You may be surprised how much less stress is involved in driving if you eliminate the need to hurry. Give yourself extra time and learn to enjoy driving. [/align][*][align=center]Wear your seat belt: your face will thank you later. [/align][*][align=center]Practice makes perfect. [/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Warnings [/align][*][align=center]

Don't let this happen to you!
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][*][align=center]Always follow the rules of the road valid for your state or country. Make sure you know all the rules before starting to drive, or else you or your car might be badly damaged. [/align][*][align=center]Be aware of any limitations of provisional licences, for example in the UK you cannot drive on a motorway without a full licence. [/align][*][align=center]Make sure you practice uphill starts when learning to operate a manual transmission. Because starting a manual transmission from a stop requires letting off the brakes and engaging the clutch (essentially placing the car in neutral), the car will roll backwards until first gear is engaged. To stop this from happening, apply the hand/parking brake, then release it as you release the clutch and the car begins to move forward. Otherwise, you risk rolling into the car behind you. Practice this technique on a sloped driveway or parking lot where it's safe to make mistakes. [/align][*][align=center]In some cities, shifting late (just before red-lining) not only makes you sound like a maniac, it can also be considered "reckless driving", which is illegal and can get you a nasty ticket/fine. [/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center][b][size=5]Members, some good lin

Old 06-17-2007, 04:13 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Make your Driv'in Post[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What has your DL been suspended for ?[/align]

Old 06-17-2007, 05:36 PM

DEFENSIVE DRIVING IS THE NEST OFFENSIVE DRIVING!!!!!! BE AWARE OF DRIVERS AROUND YOU CAUSE JUST COUSE YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD DRIVER THE OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD THINK THEY ARE GOOD TOO, LOL!!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
[align=center][/align][align=center]Make your Driv'in Post `OK[/align]

JUST A REMINDER 2 Drive Smart/Safe.
EnJoy your `Journey in your Awesome Monte Carlo

Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Default RE: - How 2 Drive your Monte Carlo : )

[align=center]
Make my day: Corvette ZR1 police car [8D]Kewl[/align][align=center]
I wanta be a Cop `if they give me a ZR-1 to drive
[:-]
Posted Jan 29th 2008 3:07PM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: Etc., Supercars, Chevrolet, Police/Emergency

Bob Lutz has just posted a photochop on his GM Fastlane Blog of what the Corvette ZR1 could look like donning Michigan State Police livery. Bound to be the bane of speeders in the Wolverine state, the Corvette is sporting all the cop car traits necessary to scare the living Hell out of law breakers, including the prerequisite light bar, bumper guard (!) and spotlights. We, however, are particularly partial to the blacked out 20-spoke rollers. Despite lacking nanotechnology and more spoiler blades than a Cuisinart, we think this imaginary ZR1 cop car could give the new sci fi-inspired GT500KR-based KITT car a run for its money.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

UPDATE: GM let us know this is not a prototype or anything official that implies a ZR1 cop car would actually be built. Someone sent this photoshopped pic of the ZR1 cop car to Lutz and he liked it enough to throw it up on his blog, much to the surprise of the PR department who didn't know anything about when we called.

[Source: GM Fastlane Blog]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Gallery: 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tags: breaking, [URL=http://www.autoblog.com/tag/cop%20car/][u][color=#0000ff]cop car[/col

Old 01-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
Default RE: - How 2 Drive your Monte Carlo : )

I've heard people say that you should drive it like you stole it.
But I believe if you abuse your car, it'll abuse you.

Quick Reply: How do you Drive your Monte ?