General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM

not just that majority of insurance companys will force a buisnes for the caughst of repaire even after the repaire has happened. about two weeks ago some one hit my monte in the parking lot of my work. and my insurance went after my work for letting other drivers do what they want and not notifying an accedent happend. i didnt have to pay for the deductible as well have to worrie about my rates going up. right now i am worried that i may be head hunted but my manager said it wasent my fault and no one should be in that perdicament. expecially you. i found out who did hit my monte he is arested for a hit and run as well as recless driving as well driving under the influence. the guy had nothing but empty beer bottels and three liquer bottels that were open in the car. got to love orang county sheriff.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM

the parking lot has cameras in it orange county sheriff got the tag and nabed him at a gas station down the road. but it is not wright that things like what happend to you or i should happened

Old 10-13-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by rj
Is it possible for you to get a couple photos of this hole you damaged your car in? WITHOUT..... being seen doing so?

Most lawyers won't charge you one cent for an initial visit. You could contact one. See what they tell you? They may say you don't a chance to recover any damages from this guy.

Also contact your auto insurance. You will probably have to pay the deductable. But if they cover the rest and go after the employer to get their (and possibly your) money back it may be worth the hassle of paying whatever your deductable is?
100% agree with this. Get a picture of the damage and a picture of the hole and take it to a lawyer. If you could get a POV picture from your dash through the windshield showing that the whole is not visible to a driver even better. It's usually free to get an opinion from them if it's worth moving forward on. Heck, let them see you take pictures, maybe it will make him think twice about not offering to pay for the damage initially, sometimes the fear of being sued is enough.

I think if the hole was known to be there by management and there were no cones or signs to point it out in an area used for parking then they should be held liable. Same as if you were to slip on a newly mopped wet floor in a Walmart and they didn't have a wet floor sign out.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 10-13-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
I think if the hole was known to be there by management and there were no cones or signs to point it out in an area used for parking then they should be held liable. Same as if you were to slip on a newly mopped wet floor in a Walmart and they didn't have a wet floor sign out.
The trick is proving that management knew about the hole.

Key element is to not be the jerk (despite how you feel about your manager). Keep it civil, keep it honest. Also, going around trash talking the manager won't help your case.

Realisticlly, if it can't be proved that the manager/employer knew about the hole, you may not be entitled to anything. Again, getting a free visit with a lawyer, not a bad idea. If the attorney says it's not worth the fight, be prepared to sit with the manager and see if a compromise could be reached (such as your employer pay half the repair to the car and fix the hole).