General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Exclamation Help!

so i need your opinions on a situation i have...friday i was parking at my weekend job where we have to park in a grass lot...well my employer neglected to fill in a large hole in the lot and i fell victim to its wrath...busted my face open on my sun visor but the main thing im worried about is the damage to my beautiful monte...spiderwebbing in the paint on the front bumper and lip, the driver side fender is bent out, and it seems as though my struts are acting up a little...should my employer be held responsible for the damage since it was caused by his property? and if he refuses should i contact a lawyer? the guy is a real hothead and screwed my dad when he did our landscaping so i would really like to get this guy

Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Aren't you worried about losing your job over the fight? Its hard to prove anything. I might discuss it with the boss, but I'd keep it very civil...

Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 AM

its only a part time job until the end of the month working at a haunted hayride for extra money so i couldnt really care less about the guy and when i told him about what happened he kind of shrugged it off...i left a voicemail on his work phone with a civilized message saying there was damage and we need to work something out to get it fixed and to call me...if he tries to screw me im going all out on this one cause the guy is a real ***** and needs to be taught a lesson...the day it happened i was so mad i had to restrain myself from hitting him cause im too old for that high school bs drama and he's not worth going to jail over...i couldnt care less about the pain i'm in right now...i just care about my baby being in perfect condition

Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 AM

i forgot to mention...i have several witnesses but i don't know if they will say anything cause they want their job for next year too but whats right is right

Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 AM

How visible is this hole? Is it covered in grass or out in the open. I'd just be careful getting lawyers involved because they will try to pin it on you since you were the one driving and will most likely try to say you could have avoided it. Not saying they will but its something to think about

Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 AM

its covered with grass...theyre trying to say i was going extremely fast and they said 30 min ago they wont pay

Old 10-11-2010, 12:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, it kind of is your fault it sounds like. Now, were they aware that there was a hole before you drove into it? How formal of an employment is this? How many employees are there? And since you're a part-time employee, he may not have to pay compensation insurance, which means you're all on your own. They'll just tell you to pay more attention.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Ya thats a touchy situation that could go either way, but I understand where ur coming from, I would be pissed to....

Old 10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is it possible for you to get a couple photos of this hole you damaged your car in? WITHOUT..... being seen doing so?

Most lawyers won't charge you one cent for an initial visit. You could contact one. See what they tell you? They may say you don't a chance to recover any damages from this guy.

Also contact your auto insurance. You will probably have to pay the deductable. But if they cover the rest and go after the employer to get their (and possibly your) money back it may be worth the hassle of paying whatever your deductable is?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM

im going to end up going through insurance and just completely ruining this guys reputation throughout the area...the guy is a real ***** and a scam artist and screws people whenever possible...the guy thinks he's in the mafia or something cause he acts like a real tough guy...i'll see what a lawyer says though

Thanks for the advice everyone...i love the MCF Family lol

Quick Reply: Help!