General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Guess our monte isn't so rare

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

To give credit where credit is due, my old sig (shown in post #14) was made by member Black Attack -- Craig Baugher.

Craig has done many sigs for the members here, and does excellent work!

Many thanks to him for making mine. I do plan on bringing it out of retirement at some point.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You don't really see too many 05 & 06 LTZs around.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Bob

Chris, this is Bob, I'am from Oakland, 15213.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Hey Bob!

Long time member Granpa Dave ("solaraslayer" or "GPD") also has the 2006 with the 3.9 engine. He has said the same thing. And I believe you guys may be right about rarity. You guys may have the most rare "regular production" 2000 to 2007 Monte Carlo. Not including any of the "specialty" Montes. Like pace car editions, driver editions, etc...

WHY... does everyone forget I have one as well?

I think my 03 is very rare. I special ordered it without leather and onstar to keep the price down. I don't think you will see too many Montes with the high sports appearance package without those options. Also, I have custom graphics that I designed myself. So again, there are pace cars out there that are similar, but not identical. When I was looking for my 2nd Monte, in a period of 3 months I saw 6 Tony Stewart Editions up for sale in my area alone.
I'm beginning to think very few Pace cars got OnStar?

I know the two other owners I've spoke with both say their car is rare cause it didn't get it.

Neither did our '03.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:08 AM

Where my husband and I live, there is only one twin to my laszer blue 05 S-charged Monte. The only two things that are different is, I have the better rims =) and tinted windows. LOL! My husband called me one day, thinking some one stole my car! lol My husband on the other hand, he drives a dark green 02 Monte Carlo SS and he does not have a twin.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
WHY... does everyone forget I have an LTZ as well?
Sorry RJ. You're just more well known for your pace car and your 57's.

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte
My husband on the other hand, he drives a dark green 02 Monte Carlo SS and he does not have a twin.
Not 100% sure about 2002, but I know in 2004 there was no green Monte available from the factory. I think his 02 SS might have been custom painted. Can you see any signs of the car's original color? If anywhere, it would be in the engine compartment. Usually only people who enter their car into shows, will pull the engine and repaint the engine compartment.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 PM

His engine bay is the same color as the body of his car.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by labnjab
When we got our 04 SS SC Dale Jr I thought it was a unique car and I wouldn't see another other then here, but yesterday I saw its twin, and they only live a 1/4 a mile away. Its same year, same everything. That doesn't happen to be anyone here is it, lol. If it isn't anyone here maybe I'll try and get them to join.
there is a girl (oddly enough) who has the same car as me that manages one of the dunkin donuts not far from where my office is. i've seen it just a couple of times around, i'm not sure where she lives. the only thing different that i've noticed is the "SS" on the side of hers (haven't seen the one on the back?) is red, where mine is black. i don't like it in red, it looks weird against the orange trim.

i've seen one crusing down a street about 5 miles away, and another on the highway close by, but i'm not sure if any of them were her, or the same person if not her.

Originally Posted by Taz
Oh yeah.

I also had people telling me to do the 88 thing, or even paint it green.

So I did a photoshop job on mine a long time ago of mine painted green with 88 instead of 8 on the side.

Most of the people here have seen this a long time ago. But I'll share it again, since you haven't seen it. Plus it's worth a laugh or two.

If I were you, I wouldn't put another 8 on each side of your car. For one thing, they're the wrong font. And to be accurate, you'd have to repaint your car either Amp green or National Guard blue. Plus, you'd still have all the 8's inside the car too.

Besides, Dale's #88 car is an Impala. The only Monte Carlo he ever drove was #8.
heeheehee i totally forgot about the green one!!! you know, i think it looks pretty cool.

i had visions of taking all the orange stripes, 20 decals and monte carlo badges off my car, and changing them out for #14s, red decals and impala badges.

i'd NEVER do this, don't worry. i'd pretty much have to replace the entire interior if i was to do that. but how funny would that be.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte

His engine bay is the same color as the body of his car.
Now that I see the picture, I do remember seeing a Monte like that around town locally. Not those rims, but the exact same color. Chevy must have stopped offering that green color in 2003 or 2004. Very nice rims BTW.

Jamie Lynn, if you did that to your Monte, I think you'd be dis-owned. Just kidding.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Not many '00-05 Montes I've ever seen that shade of green either but there are a few of them.

Same for that Sandstone, Cappuccino color either.

Quick Reply: Guess our monte isn't so rare