General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Guess our monte isn't so rare

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Is it bad that I wish I had the only black 2006 SS. It's kind of cool to see them around, but I'd rather not.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I enjoy finding a clone of my car, and then having it complimented because it's different.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Like a mustang, you will see plenty of them on the road, but only a few that stand out.

I like to think this forum is where the stand-out ones reside :P
In my area the rustangs are the norm and the Montes are the rarity.

We've already seen the twin to the '03 Pace car. Saw it last summer right after we left the very last cruise-in we attended and we even took the Pace car to this very cruise.

My girlfriend Deb wanted to head on over to the Dayton Mall to search for a stuffed Taz to compliment the car. We were setting at a red light, we both looked to the left and there sat a 2003 Monte Pace car headed south on st rt 741. We looked, they looked. Their light turned green and they waved to us as they drove past. It was funny.

And so far there is no twin to my '06 LTZ. Cause so far no one else is dumb enough to install the rally stripe kit incorrectly like my car has.

Didn't see a twin to my '86 LS Monte till the 2007 Monte Carlo Nations. It was on a trailor with 3,300 miles on the clock and the seller wanted $10k for it. (wish I could have afforded it)

Old 06-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Labnjab... I was the same way when I bought my Dale Jr edition. Before I bought it, I never saw one before. After I bought it in 2007, I suddenly know of 3 in my area. 2 the same as mine (with all the decals), and one without the stripes on the side and the "MONTE CARLO" on the windshield.

JuniorCar lives about 2 hours away from me. His came without the outside decals. So he had his Dale Jr edition customized. His really stands out.

So far the only outside customization on mine is the personalized plates (in my avatar). I have the front filler plate with the 8 on it, but we require front plates here. So it's sitting next to my computer desk at home.

I used to have my Monte in my old signature pic:

However, I still have a link to my cardomain page in my current sig.

I think I'm going to get a set of the black headlights to help set mine apart from the other Dale Jr editions in my area. Plust maybe one or two other things when money permits. But nothing major. I don't want to change the look too much.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Oh yeah.

I also had people telling me to do the 88 thing, or even paint it green.

So I did a photoshop job on mine a long time ago of mine painted green with 88 instead of 8 on the side.

Most of the people here have seen this a long time ago. But I'll share it again, since you haven't seen it. Plus it's worth a laugh or two.

If I were you, I wouldn't put another 8 on each side of your car. For one thing, they're the wrong font. And to be accurate, you'd have to repaint your car either Amp green or National Guard blue. Plus, you'd still have all the 8's inside the car too.

Besides, Dale's #88 car is an Impala. The only Monte Carlo he ever drove was #8.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

the green, it hurts my eyes!!!!!!!!! :P

Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I think my 03 is very rare. I special ordered it without leather and onstar to keep the price down. I don't think you will see too many Montes with the high sports appearance package without those options. Also, I have custom graphics that I designed myself. So again, there are pace cars out there that are similar, but not identical. When I was looking for my 2nd Monte, in a period of 3 months I saw 6 Tony Stewart Editions up for sale in my area alone.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Bob

I think that the 2006 monte carlo with the 3.9 motor is very rare, since they were only made one year (2006). Too this day i still can not find out how many were made. I had my dealer check into this and they are even at a lost as to how many were made with the 3.9 , with NO HELP from GM. But my dealer thinks less then 5 thousand were made. This is one monte i do not see many around. Bob, home of the 6 time super bowl & 3 time stanley cup champs.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Hey Bob!

Long time member Granpa Dave ("solaraslayer" or "GPD") also has the 2006 with the 3.9 engine. He has said the same thing. And I believe you guys may be right about rarity. You guys may have the most rare "regular production" 2000 to 2007 Monte Carlo. Not including any of the "specialty" Montes. Like pace car editions, driver editions, etc...

Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

TAZ, those pics are cool, i think the green looks kinda goofy in a way, but i do like it!!! also old sig pic with taz is pretty cool also, thanks

also BOB, "from home of the 6 time super bowl & 3 time stanley cup champs"

i live in the burgh, where abouts are you located, let me know, see ya

Quick Reply: Guess our monte isn't so rare