General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

gone but not forgotten

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default gone but not forgotten

Hey all. I tend to be a reader of theforum and soke up info from all the great people in this forum and I have learned a lot about the 6th gen Montes here. So 1st and 4most Thanx to all here and keep up the great work.
It became time for me to unload the intimadator and give up on the montes for a while. Mine had developed a serious case of clogged arteries in the cooling department and was going to need a transmission real soon. It was slipping in first. It also needed a windshield and the dreaded cat to pass its next physical
I also thought that all the time and money that was spent to make it run like a mildly hopped up v8i coulda just bought something with one in it anyway. And I was kinda wore out on the front wheel v6 anyway.
So off to the dealer and there it was a gorgeous Pontiac G8 GT in panther black metallic. All ready I was getting themodding bug just looking at.A couple of pen strokes l8r and I'm tooling down the road with a big smile and the wonderful sound of v8 power. This thing has everything buta sunroof.
So I guess this is kind of a good bye in a way. But not to worry I see a70 monte in my not to distant future. I miss the one that I had so many years ago. I will check in from time to time asi do have some extra modding parts that I'll be selling. And I still love our montes. I'm hoping that gm might bring it back on the ss platform. I can hope anyway. So in short I'll still be looking in and add the occasional worthless opinion lol.take care.
gone but not forgotten

Old 02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sad to see ya go, but a G8 is definitely one helluva ride! What's yours got in 'er? I test drove one a while back just for fun, had the 6.2L in it, whatta beaut!! Took 'er out on the interstate and had 80 in a snap! Wouldn't mind getting me one someday!

Old 02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about getting rid of your monte and all the problems that it had but congrats on getting the G8. When you get the chances post some pictures of the G8 on here too.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:06 AM

I wanted a g8, but I couldnt find one :/

Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member

Myg8 has the 6.0 liter ls3 in it. And u can find em still but they are kinda getting rare they only built a little over 38,000 of em before gm shut the doors on the pontiac. I will definitely be on here still bcuz I still have my 02 that bambis mom walked out in front of about a year back. I just picked up an other 02ls model for parts and I'm gunna nock off the some of the old rust on my bodywork skills and Put it back togetherfor my daughter.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

sad to hear you left the monte go but the g8 is an awesome replacement!! you say your selling some performance parts soon.... just taking a stab in the dark but what throttle body do you have?

Old 02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

That G8 is something else. The GT model is sweet that ls3 doesn't have quiet the ponies of the ls2 if I remember correctly but its more than adequate to light those rear tires up. Id love to get my hand on the GXP model but those were rare indeed. Nice pickup.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:10 PM

Indeed, I wanted the GXP, but the difference between the GT and GXP were minimal if I remember correctly.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Nice choice in the G8, good luck with it.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Sorry to hear it was time to part ways with your Monte, but it is sometimes the sad reality.

Don't be a stranger. As long as you still like the Monte and the people here, you're always welcome

Quick Reply: gone but not forgotten