General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally got my brakes! Thanks BrakeMotive!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Default Finally got my brakes! Thanks BrakeMotive!

Well, my car is 6yrs old and i've owned it for 5 of those years and I have yet to replace the pads or rotors on it. Lately it's been feeling like I have the press the pedal in quite a ways to get it to stop and the stopping power isn't anything to brag about. Kinda feels like my pads and/or rotors are glazed. So rather than wait until something happens or I start hearing that dreaded squealing from the wear indicators on the pads I decided to get out ahead of it and buy some new brakes.

I don't plan on owning the car for another 5 years, hopefully 2-3 tops, so the best of the best wasn't necessary. Searching around on this forum and others I heard the name brakemotive come up alot and I heard lots of good things about them. I checked their feedback on eBay and found they have about 3k feedback with 100% positive. I was quite hesitant due to the price but after hear all the good things about them from guys on various forums who have them on cars far more pricey and fast than mine, I decided to give them a shot.

I placed my order with them on Sunday evening last weekend, they processed and shipped my order on Monday and I rcvd them on Thursday! I'm going down to my father in law's next weekend and he's one of the best mechanics I know so he's gonna teach me how to install them (i've never changed brakes in my life). But before I do that i'm going to paint the rotor hats and edges black to help prevent rust and make them look a little better too. Gonna do those flat black. Then once we get the wheels off and old pads out, i'm going to paint the calipers and caliper brackets, the brackets are going to be gloss black, the calipers are gonna be a surprise

I hope have a good experience with these brakes as pure2sin and wht02monte have. I know I'll like how they look once installed so I'll give a review of them once I get them on and drive around with them the weekend and then again after about 6 months or so. Wish me luck!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good luck with the project. let us know how it turns out with lots of pics.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
good luck with the project. let us know how it turns out with lots of pics.
I'll try to get as many pics as possible but my father in law is a busy, old school kind of guy so he always has a lot on his plate so I don't want to turn what should be an hour long job into twice that. But I'll do what I can, for sure!