Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

brakemotive brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default brakemotive brakes

just got my power stop rotors from brakemotive on ebay. they were 189. for all four rotors drilled and slotted with ceramic pads. ill be installing when i wake up. ill be sure to post before and after pics. i cant wait. my current rotors are really warped. anyways heres some teaser pics.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
just got my power stop rotors from brakemotive on ebay. they were 189. for all four rotors drilled and slotted with ceramic pads. ill be installing when i wake up. ill be sure to post before and after pics. i cant wait. my current rotors are really warped. anyways heres some teaser pics.

brakemotive is that the guy with the 96 impala in his sig?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:34 AM

no. its an ebay store heres the link.
http://stores.ebay.com/Brakemotive

a bunch of the guys on ls1 tech were raving about his brakes a while back and mine were tired enough that i was ready to purchase. that and they were so cheap that i couldnt say no. the guy that runs it has posted on ls1tech before seemed like a good guy and everybody thats dealt with hims had nothing but good stuff to say about him.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
brakemotive is that the guy with the 96 impala in his sig?
Nope. I own MovIt Brakes USA.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I bought the same exact brakes for my 06. Currently I only have the front pads and rotors installed, and I am very happy with them so far! (I've put about 7,000 miles on them).

I'll install the rears soon enough, but right now I still have the OEM's in the rear, 106,000 miles, and they are still going, with pad life left!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have them on my car, I'm not a big fan.

Watch your fitment when you put them on, I had a TON of metal shavings on my rear wheel, now that rotor seems screwed up too. Also after using them for a while now, I'm starting to feel like they don't stop as well, are noisy in the mornings, and when I have to do a hard brake, I feel like the car is about to lose control

Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 AM

ive had these brakes on for about 90K miles now and theyre still the same as the day i got them. i think theyre great!!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I have them on my car, I'm not a big fan.

Watch your fitment when you put them on, I had a TON of metal shavings on my rear wheel, now that rotor seems screwed up too. Also after using them for a while now, I'm starting to feel like they don't stop as well, are noisy in the mornings, and when I have to do a hard brake, I feel like the car is about to lose control

You guys really need to do the F-Body or GXP front upgrade with the GXP rear upgrade. This is the one area of maintenance where the lease expensive option should NOT be used.

Last edited by SSmokybear; 03-17-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 PM

any of you guys that have done the rotors on these have an extremely tight fit on the rear? do i need to adjust the rear brakes? ive never owned a car with rear disc. pardon my ignorance. im getting noise the right rear isnt locking when emergency brake is set. noise is only coming from the rear.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 PM

i had napa put mine on and they said they fit perfect with no problems, so i wouldnt know anyhting else about them sorry, all i know is they are great for me.

Quick Reply: brakemotive brakes