General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Enabling/Disabling Alarm?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
DTG
Question Enabling/Disabling Alarm?

so I was reading through my user manual last night, like a couple other people here in the forum that had questions on this, but according to the windows sticker that was on the car when it was bought new it has an alarm, so I continued reading through the manual and found how to set it, so I set it to *on
tried with 1 push of fob, waited around a couple minutes tried to open the door, no alarm, so I relocked all the doors with the fob, 2 pushes this time, waited around for another few minutes while I had a smoke, grabbed the door handle and gave it a pull again, still no alarm going off, so I relock all the doors again, 3 pushes on fob this time, came in the house took a crap, went back out and tried to open the trunk lid, hmm no alarm still lol, any ideas?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Doesn't the door have to open before the alarm will sound? Maybe someone can verify that for us..Try locking with the fob, then unlocking the door with your key, and opening it.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 PM

The door actually has to open for the alarm to go off. This is what you should do to test your alarm:
1: From inside the car, open the drivers window
2: Take the key out and get out.
3: Lock the car with the fob
4: Reach in the window and manually unlock the door
5: Open the door from the outside

If the alarm sounds, then you're good. Just grabbing the handle isn't enough for the alarm to sound. And if you use the key to unlock, as far as I know, that will disarm the alarm. The car knows when you use a key to unlock the door manually and disarms the alarm and turns on the interior lights.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yup thats how it works but major flaw in the system is you can pop the door handle off & get in with no alarm sounding or if your lock cylinder is wore out anything will unlock it, id suggest ppl check the lock cylinders from time to time with other keys to make sure it doesnt unlock, dont take but a slight movement in the lock to unlock it, mine has this issue so i unhooked the lock rod in the door

Old 08-09-2014, 06:15 PM

Need help i have a aftermarket and method not working

Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 AM

An aftermarket alarm would probably work with it's own key fob. Do you know what type it is?

My daughters 2001 had a viper alarm system and remote start installed at come point and then removed. There were no original remotes with the car, and the radio didn't allow programming any, so I installed a new Viper, since the connections were already there. It uses Viper key fobs.

Didn't reinstall the remote start.