General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

CRASH! Aw dang! #sad_day

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well. Bad news/Good news.

Bad is the Monte is totaled, I'm giving it up. If the mechanicals were in more better shape I'd take the money and buy the car back at salvage, then continue to drive it as is.

Better news is that based on the overall excellent condition I'm getting 2 to 3 times the value that I seen on various car price sites for 11 year old MCs with a quarter million miles.

Will be car shopping this weekend. Sadly not getting another 2-door car, looking at SUVs and the like. Down the road if I see someone offering a 6th gen at a price to die for I'll try and grab it.

I'll be posting a couple things for sale - the Impala leather shifter, the iSimple Ipod adaptor, books and things.

That last ride is approaching.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:48 AM

Sucks, we'll miss you around here.

On that note, I hereby call dibs on the shifter. LMK when you're ready to ship and we'll talk numbers.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Sorry to see this, I know what it feels like. I hope everything works out for you.

It's sad but you can't trust anyone else on the road. Nobody cares, nobody takes responsibility, nobody leaves proper stopping distance, nobody thinks ahead or really pays attention to 'driving' and it shows with the way people drive. I realize that these are called 'accidents' but I'd say a good majority could be avoided if someone was paying attention or didn't make a dangerous maneuver. It's surprising the amount of people that would rather risk an accident than avoid one and miss their exit, turn, etc. and re-route. Just a few weeks ago I had a lady cut across two lanes of traffic right in front of me to make her exit, while I was pulling our boat and, of course, she was going at least 5-10 mph slower than me so she didn't miss it so I had to slam the brakes. And actually a lot of people were driving and cutting in front of me like I was driving a small car and could stop in an instance if I needed. I deal with tailgaters and the 'constant lane changer' everyday and, honestly, they really don't get much further ahead. Crappy driving is so widespread today - really an epidemic.
None of which is helped, and all of which is aggravated, by the electronic nannies and garbage with which the modern car is riddled in the name of "safety." We'd all be better off if the government mandated actual driver's ed (I swear to God, in FL kids are now taking it online) and technology which actually helps us avoid accidents (ABS) rather than surviving them (airbags, which as far as I'm concerned exist only to break windshields and enrich repair shops). I mean, 360 degree cameras? What are the windows for?

Old 05-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tough break, everything happens for reason some believe. You may be spending more time out of the city if you get an SUV, enjoying the nature side of life for a change.

Best of luck... And another one bites the dust, we have lost a lot of Montes here the past couple of years.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member

It's almost over.

Bought a red Subaru Outback (hey no snickering back there). Roomy with a back seat that can be used. Kind of slow, #4Banger_Life. Excellent gas mileage, now can visit grandkids in the northwest any time of the year.

Monte Carlo has been de-modded. It sits in the carport waiting for the tow truck. Coming any day now. As usual, the CD changer is being stubborn and wont eject my homemade MP3 CDs. A gift of surfpunk, Elvis and Southern Rock awaits eventual discovery. Also left to surprise someone are the PIAA horns that are wired to the trunk button on the dash, ha ha.

She will be given a chance at an auction. Hope someone buys it, fixes it cheap and flips it so it can be given a new life in someone's eager hands.

The shift **** is sold. Still have some literature and the iPod interface - they are in the for sale section at giveaway prices.

Long Live Loose Lucy! Shake it, shake it Sugaree!

Old 05-31-2017, 08:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Barovelli
It's almost over.

Bought a red Subaru Outback (hey no snickering back there). Roomy with a back seat that can be used. Kind of slow, #4Banger_Life. Excellent gas mileage, now can visit grandkids in the northwest any time of the year.

Monte Carlo has been de-modded. It sits in the carport waiting for the tow truck. Coming any day now. As usual, the CD changer is being stubborn and wont eject my homemade MP3 CDs. A gift of surfpunk, Elvis and Southern Rock awaits eventual discovery. Also left to surprise someone are the PIAA horns that are wired to the trunk button on the dash, ha ha.

She will be given a chance at an auction. Hope someone buys it, fixes it cheap and flips it so it can be given a new life in someone's eager hands.

The shift **** is sold. Still have some literature and the iPod interface - they are in the for sale section at giveaway prices.

Long Live Loose Lucy! Shake it, shake it Sugaree!
Wow this is a shame! stay in touch!! Please!! You can try that Subaru out heading south I hear that part of the cliffs caved in down around Big Sur??
I always enjoyed the conversations about the area I used to live in? Maybe some day I can travel that way to see the old area again.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So sorry that it came to this.

I do hope your photo albums remain here; you have a knack for some enjoyably offbeat shots. I especially like the scenic pic of the Monte with Mt. Shasta in the background.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Sad, another Monte gone before it's time. Barovelli hope your new ride brings you as much happiness and good miles as your Monte. Hope you still hang out here to share your knowledge and experiences.

And I hope that your Monte gets a new lease on life before it's true last days! You should keep the VIN number and track it once in a while.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Sad, another Monte gone before it's time. Barovelli hope your new ride brings you as much happiness and good miles as your Monte. Hope you still hang out here to share your knowledge and experiences.

And I hope that your Monte gets a new lease on life before it's true last days! You should keep the VIN number and track it once in a while.
Making a web page on barovelli.com in the projects section so searches for the VIN will find it.

Have not found a forum as welcoming as MCF for Subaru Outbacks yet. Some are super informative and share lots of projects, but seem to be tough to crack the social part. Maybe after a few more posts I'll be welcomed.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member

Information page is at
http://www.barovelli.com/2G1WM16K869259906.htm

Took the Outback off road woah. Am I ready for Rubicon yet?

Attached Thumbnails CRASH! Aw dang! #sad_day-barovelliob.jpg  

Last edited by Barovelli; 06-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: CRASH! Aw dang! #sad_day