General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Close call in a race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Default Close call in a race?

Could be anything like a wreak/close callor near miss of the cops, anything like that.

I had one last night, I was driving a project car of me and my dads, a 88 RX7 covertible. New paint, top, some interior work. When we get all done with all that stuff, going to put a V8 in it. But pack to the story. I was driving it and came up to a stop sign next to a Cobalt with a fart can on it. No one around so as he took off I just rolled through the stop sign and as I did he punched it thinking I was tryin to race him, so I jumped on it, hit 2nd, chirped the tire and pull away by about a length, I then hit third and was still inching away from him. I knew there was acurve coming up, so I stayed on it as long a possible then let up and hit the brakes to make the curve. Either he didn't know the curve was there or thought his car could make it, and I went through the curve I heard tires screeching, I looked back and this guy is sideways, hit the curb hard and up on the rocks he went, I know he had to mess up his front bumper, that was wild. Never had that happen before, make me think twice about street racing again aginst someone other than a buddy or something.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:54 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Close call in a race?

wow, scary thought. some friends tried to get me to race on a straight road not too long ago that had a sharp curve at the end of it... and i refused. the results are still pending... i hope i can beat that danged neon....

Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM

what does he all have modded on the neon

Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM

yea i've been cut-off mid race a few times. as well swerved to avoid a dog and ended up fish-tailing back and forth a few times before gaining control again.

i streetlight race people from time to time. but let off the throttle when i hit 80km/hr usually. the key here is there is a time and a place to put the pedal to the floor. you wouldn't see me gun it off a set of lights knowing there is a curve ahead or another set of lights or if i didn't know what was coming up ahead.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just a plain 'ol boring neon. 5 speed, aluminum foil being dragged down the road muffler (trying to come up with something besides garbage can or fart can). he opened it up on a straight stretch while heading out there, and i reeled him right in. i'm sure i can get him. you should have seen this road. it was teh width fo one lane on the strip and a sharp curve at teh end. i said "heck no, not here". long story short: he thinks our regular spot is being watched by cops becasue another guys sister claims her friends who are cops know about our spot, and are watching it... only we found it was a prank but everybody is still shook over it. o'well

Old 10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not exactly a close call, but a guy got busted yesterday for driving 124 kph in a 60 kph zone. It is a city street, not a deserted country road. Roughly converted, that's approximately 80 mph in a 35 mph zone.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

I have another close call. I was behind1 of buddies racing, 1 of his friends (never liked him to much)in my 97 Firebird. They took off,his buddyjumped the start but they kept racing, I was just going to keep up, then said screw this, punched it, flew past the one and jump over infront of them with plunty of room couple cars, flew up to past the one in the lead and the SOB, cut me off in my lane so I had to lock the brakes up, jump back over to the other lane so the my buddy wouldn't rear end me. Lets just say after we meant at the gas station it wasn't a pretty sight after I got out of my car.