General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A/C Recirc & Fog Lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
Default A/C Recirc & Fog Lights staying on

I searched the forums for this, but didn't find anythig on them. On my 2004 MC SS, Every time I turn the car off, then turn it back on, the Air conditioner recirculating options is turned off and the Vent to the outside is turned on again at the A/C Controls console.....how can I get it to KEEP the A/C on Recirc and not venting?

MY Fog lights also turn off if I turn the car off and when I turn the car back on the headlights will come on, but the fog lights have the be switched back on...how do I keep them to stay on when the headlights come on ?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Default RE: A/C Recirc & Fog Lights staying on

If you read your care manual, you will read that GM recommends that you NOT use the recirculation for an extended period of time.

I don't know why, but I read it on my manual, and ever since I have avoided using recirc unless I drive through an incredibly nasty area with smog.

Also, there is no way to reset that. The BCM (body control module) that has to do with the internal cabin area electronics are all programmed through that BCM.

-Keegan

Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Ask GM next time they plug the car in, they should do it for free if you bring it in to diagnose the problem, and just ask if they can change the default position of the air source and the fog light switch positions. The only thing I would worry about is make sure the lights work properly then, the computer might think the fogs being on means the light has to be off, instead of vice-versa.

I just turn my fogs on and the TCC off every time I start the car.

But about the recirc. The car automatically will switch back to outside air source if you've got the fan zone anywhere there is also going to be defrost for the windsheild. It does that to prevent humidity build up which can negate the function of the defroster. Plus, it automatically switches back to outside air every 15 minutes or so. It does it to prevent build up of carbon monoxide in traffic conditions, etc.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was kinda curious about the fog light question myself.

My old car had a toggle switch for the factory fog lights. I simply kept the switch in the on position, and the fogs would come on when ever the headlights turned on.

It would be kinda nice if the Monte did that also. But not too crazy about the idea of having to reprogram the computer because of the freekin fog lights. Would changing the switch that came stock, to a toggle switch solve the problem? Or would that throw off the computer also? Or would they stay on 100% of the time, even when the car is turned off?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM

You'd have to use some kind of relay, and totally bypass the computer. Really it's just easier to use a relay and use a toggle. That way you could have a dual relay, so that it would only turn on if both the ignition and the toggle were on.. would be a P.I.T.A. to wire... but it's the most simple solution really. Other than using just a straight toggle and turning it on/off every time you get in/out of the car.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[sm=boosign.gif]Leave it to GM to make modding and customizing a P.I.T.A.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member

TY for the replies all.