General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A Big Thank You and an Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A Big Thank You and an Update

Would just like to extend a big Thank you to all those here at MCF for helping me out these last few months. Money has been tight, and I couldn't always afford to go to the shop, with the wise words provided by many you, steelmalu, 03ss, and zjerry in partciular I was able to keep my '05 LT going strong.

I recently rolled over 350, 000 KM on the Odometer, its an 8 year old LT w/ the V6 3.8, but why am I telling you guys right? We all know the cars inside and out by now. I love the ol' girl though.

I received a new Catalytic Converter via Parts Train. I Ordered after acquiring the info I needed on the forum, Installed my self with the guidance of MCF and other online sources. Also took the liberty of installing anti-foulers on the O2 sensor before putting the new cat into place, as most of you know those Magnaflo's like to throw the P0420 code on our MC's.

After dealing with a Broken Tachometer and Sticky Temperature Gauge for almost a year, My speedometer started getting stuck so I took a page from the how to forum and ordered myself 6 new stepper motors. Used 04Intimidator's Step-by-step picture guide and soldered the motors in place with no issues. The pictures made it a breeze and Red04Montes Video made taking the cluster simple as pie. Though pie isn't that simple if you ask me.

While Filling up the other day my gas cap was just spinning round and round. I read a couple stories about CEL and other Evaporator warnings after people purchased after market gas caps, I was able to find a good match at Part Source here in town, No CEL's yet.

Earlier in the year I was having Issues with my Rear Speed Sensor, after ohming out the harness, and finding no issues I went online to look for answers, That is when I stumbled across Monte Carlo Forum. So many people with all the same issues as me, so helpful, so many opinions and Tips or Tricks. You Guys have been awesome, I was fortunate enough that all I had to do was thoroughly clean the connectors, but as of late the same warning has been coming back. I assume because it's winter and all the dirt, salt, snow, etc is getting in there again. I just ordered a new harness to solder in the spring time. I prefer not to use ABS or traction control anyway.

I finally spent the money to put in a remote start and alarm system and boy am I thankful for it on these cold Canadian Mornings. Especially when the car is parked 3 blocks away. Broke down and bought a second set of Rims instead of swapping rubbers every season (or just wearing 'All Seasons' all year 'round), The aluminum 5 Spokes have been in storage since October. And Last but not least I woke up Christmas Morning to a Gift certificate from my girlfriend for Window Tint, after months of complaining I'm finally getting the Montes Windows Blacked Out.

Again Just wanted to Thank You all for the guidance and know how. Don't know where I'd be with out MCF. I could get into every single issue and write a book on here, but I'll Leave it at that.

If anyone has any tips or advice on the 6th Gen Montes, or even a link to a good thread, Please feel free to post. I am always looking for more info

Last edited by Henderson21; 12-30-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

First, for those looking for the Kilometer to Mileage conversion, 3500000KM is about 217479.9 miles!!
Any car making it OVER 200,000 miles and the owner still love sit deserves some attention!!

And secondly, Henderson, thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback about the information offered here. Sometimes it's easy for some of us to forget how much information is really out on this forum. And sadly, sometimes we don't get the feedback to know how many people we really helped from posting the information we've had.

It's great to know it's still getting some great use!!!

Keep the Monte running strong!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Thank's glad I could help you out..

Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Hey there, I haven't been on the site much lately, but glad I could help without actually being here

Glad everything is going well for you and the car is running good!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Glad to hear mcf and members could help you out with your issues, there is tons of info here and tons of knowledgeable members that provided the info. I'm happy to hear we were able to help solve your issues! Keep her running strong, there awesome cars

How dark are you tinting your windows? Post pics when there tinted I would like to see it! Tinted windows make any car look a lot better IMO

Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Always nice to see a thread like this pop up every once in a while.

This is why we are here

Good luck with the car in the future!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Great news!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member

Got the windows done today. Drivers and passenger doors are both 15%, and the two rear side windows as well as the back windshield are 5%. Looks really sharp in my opinion, makes me appreciate the colour that much more. Will post pics tomorrow after I clean it. Winter driving makes it almost impossible to stay on top of the Monte's hygiene.

Going in for transmission fluid change and flush this week. I've never had it flushed before, is anything I should be aware of, suggestions or notes.
Thanks again guys

Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Henderson21
Going in for transmission fluid change and flush this week. I've never had it flushed before, is anything I should be aware of, suggestions or notes.
Thanks again guys
My opinion.... Don't.... Pan drop, fluid and filter change only. Do not flush trans fluid. My rule of thumb has been to do the fluid/filter change (pan drop) every 100,000 miles or sooner. Served me without problem so far.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good to hear you have been able to resolve your issues through the knowledge base here per our members... Its always nice to have someone post a thanks or let us know what fixed the issue they/you were having.

Jason: (maniac) is correct filter fluid change should be sufficient...

The only real time you need/want to flush the system on a Transmission is when you have blown/burnt up trans.. otherwise its a waste of time and money. IMO

Thanks for being a valued Member here on the MCF and being a part of the MCF Family!