General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Beware mc owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM

I too once a victim in 08' with ALL my audio stolen from in front of my apartment building (around 3-4am). So I know how that feels.... Sorry to hear that! A**holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

I had a 1974 Chevelle Malibu 350 stolen out of my driveway three years ago.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Damn I never even saw this post but that sucks. I know it's only a matter of time before it gets around the theif world that the MC is easily broken into in this manner. I wonder if there's something we can modify in there to stop that from happening. Because it really looks like an easy screwdriver pop and bam door open. I know our cars aren't high on the list for theft as far as stealing the whole car, which makes ours rarely broken into. But this could change drastically with this information. I mean we'll still have the car but the valuables and electronics would be up for grabs.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:54 AM

@ 7498montecarlo: Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn that sucks big time. I know that hurt your heart deeply. Did you ever recover it?

@ pacerss: I say why not shave the door handles and put sheet metal on the door. Still have the handle but have it where the handle can not be pried into with a screw driver or something...

As far as the audio equip, I figure I was to install a metal bar with the crimp ends that goes from one side of the trunk to the other side. That way, they can't pull it out when the trunk is open...

Just some thoughts that came up....

Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know for a while back in the early 90's, the 4th gen Monte's were the most stolen car. Stripped for parts.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow man that sucks sorry to hear what happened to you for sure the deck I one of the biggest things stolen out of cars that is why when I got my deck I got the JVC kw nt3hdt it is one of the only double din TV /DVD NAV units with a detachable face
it is juast a small pc of mind for me and somthing to think about when you get your next deck I put a link on here for you 2 man

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...mpaign=froogle

Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 PM

You were obviously being watched. And probably for a while till the opportune moment arose. Not trying to profile or be racist, but around here the blacks love w-bodys. When I was car shopping for montes, I came across one that was broke into the exact same way (the car lot was in a lower-class part of town too). Needless to say, I passed on that one.

About 2 years ago my buddy got his 22" rims stolen off his 08 mustang. He lived in an apartment and parked his car around the corner of the building (which was the back of the complex) where he couldn't see it from his windows. The street lamps were also broken. It was almost too easy for them to steal his wheels. After that he got some locking lug nuts and parked in a safer spot.

sometimes you gotta think like a criminal to keep em at bay.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 AM

@ Jimbo7: I agree and I have to say that as well. I think I was targeted by the neighbor downstairs from my old building. He informed me that he knew the lil guys in the neighborhood and anything he wants he can get it but his hands will be cleaned. So of course, that sparked a red flag wit me and sho nuff, those guys stole my stuff. Its cool though because dude locked up (for yellin he a two felon and having two pistols where he USED to live)...lol I guess what goes around comes around reared its ugly face....

Not to be racist as well but those mexicans have trucks that will HAUL your ride off in a minute (SMH)....

Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 AM

@ Taz: the MC's will never die and the more and more they make em', the more valuable that become....

@ Blazed SS: Now that is a great idea. I was told about the detachable double din headunits but didn't know the price on em'. Thats something too look into. THanks for the insight!

Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rgant_19
@ 7498montecarlo: Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn that sucks big time. I know that hurt your heart deeply. Did you ever recover it?
Unfortunately, no.

Quick Reply: Beware mc owners!!!