General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Argh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by custom95
I'd take it to the dealer and play the "man, this has happened to everyone I know who owns an 06-07 monte" card and see what they will do for you. I had mine repaired under warranty but the dealer new there is an issue. If I had to, I probably could have talked them down on repair price or gotten them to just charge for the part.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind tomorrow when I start calling around.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 PM

Maybe i missed it somewhere but i take it that u cant see a leak anywhere? also if all of the fluid suddenly was gone and u still drove u the car, u most likely burned up the pump as well

Old 03-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by kweef
Maybe i missed it somewhere but i take it that u cant see a leak anywhere? also if all of the fluid suddenly was gone and u still drove u the car, u most likely burned up the pump as well
No I can't see the leak itself, the transmission is in the way. It went out while driving and once I got home I opened up the hood and around the pump it looked fine but from underneath you can see were hydro fluid is dripping all over. It still had fluid in it when I made it to the house total of three turns after it went out. I'm hoping that I kept enough in it to save the pump. I'll find out in the next few days and let y'all know.

Update:

Took the Monte to the dealer today after dumping in some fluid to keep the pump from drying out. Charged me for an hour of labor plus parts, total came to $138 and it was a line that had blown. I told them that I had heard of this being rather common but he said it wasn't, then I told him it normally happens with less miles, he asked how many I had and after telling him that I've got over 60k he said to bring it by for a look. First time I've ever had a dealer wash my car. With temps under 20 and winds over 30 plus wet snow earlier and icy snow later I didn't even notice until I got home.

Good experience with the local dealer overall. Called, waited an hour for a buddy to follow me for a ride, went to class, got called halfway through class saying it was done.

Last edited by God_Bot; 03-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by God_Bot
Well with 60K+ miles on my car something finally went out, lost my power steering and once I got home I can see and smell the fluid running out the bottom somewhere. Being in college I don't have a jack here so I haven't been able to see what exactly went out but whatever it is I'm not happy about it.

I'll update this once I see what's really broke...

Update:
Well I went and got a jack and looked around, whatever it is I can't see it because the transmission is in the way from underneath and everything else is in the way from above. I guess the next step is to see if any shops around here will tow it in and look at it.

listennnn im going to save you a lottttt of money same thing happen to me. and after spending 400 dollars later it turned out to be a 12 dollar job... its the reverse turn line.. dont let the mechanics tell you anything different. its not the pump the resvoir.. its the return line.. they will say it has no pressure on it blah blah but what happens is the way the montes are its sorta wears a small hole into it.. so yeahh that should help... ITS THE RETURN LINE!!!! chekc that out first.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'm pretty sure after a year he's already done something different...

Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I'm pretty sure after a year he's already done something different...
lol =]]