General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Is It Against The Law?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Is It Against The Law?

i find most criitic reviews to be wrong. for example, napolean dynapoite was recommended to me by everyone in the videoshop, teh reviews in the papers seemed to be good.. my family and i rented it to watch ti... i swear to you i did not laugh a single time thruout the entire movie. most people who do'nt like the monte's say they just looks so boxy, so strangely shaped... but thats the part i liked the most

Old 10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

most people who don't like the monte's say they just look so boxy, so strangely shaped...
They want boxy?
This is boxy...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/486A0D1A3E8F4308BB6F82262FB497E3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good point taz

Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 PM

i dont think i could ever drive a vehicle that looks like that...i dont want to b like those critics but to me its just not sumtin id buy, to someone else it may be great but to me its just impractical

Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Cowboy, I think that's because everyone looks at a car and expects all the edges to be really rounded and space-expanding like they need to do for compacts. They think it looks boxy because its a mid/full sized coupe, not a econo-box coupe. Seriously, go look at an econobox type coupe (like a Cavvy/Cobalt) all the edges are taken away because they have to make so much car fit in a little bit of space. (not that a cavvy/etc is much of a car IMHO )

Our car(s)are longer, taller, and heavier than a vette, and a vette is by NO means a small car. (except when it comes to interior space, lol)

I mean, everyone has their own opinion, and I'll admit the 7th gens took quite a bit of getting used to, but hey I still like this front fascia better than the old (in silver anyways). I'll admit the 6th gens front end does look really good (specially in red, the color of my 03 LS)

Take any owners of the Montes.... most really like the cars. Heck, my 06 is my second Monte Carlo, of 3 vehicles (all GM 2doors) that I have owned. Not that I'm specifically a fan of Chevy and only Chevrolets, but these cars all spoke to me, and happened to do so in the price range I was aiming for.

I'll have to admit... one of my favorite things is the fact that I can fit a wheelchair in the trunk, WITH my dual 10" sub box, without having to remove anything (except the foot rests) I mean... come on... how great is that? How many hatch-backs or imports or econo-boxes can say that, while still providing the style these do?

It's just too bad that the Marketing genious's at Chevy basically gave up on advertising the vehicle. If they had half the exposure as the Impalas, or the Cavvys, or even the "new" Malibu... I would imagine the car'd still be selling today.

I mean, obviously the ppl that know of the car, respect it. I can hardly get races out of the regular cruisers in/around Dubuque. They have to know mine's not a SS... Doesn't have the wheels.

Oh well, Let them bash on, I know what my car's like, and how much I enjoy it, and no amount of so called "critic/experts" can change that.

Oh, and space, I loved that animated gif or w/e it is... Only thing? That little stick figure never fell apart! It was flopping around like a wet noodle... but never lost any parts! I would have at least expected some partial dismemberment....