General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

After Market Oil Cap and NEW overlay!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
If you look on ebay, look up Camaro oil cap. Under the additional applications is the Grand Prix. Which is the same as our Montes.
GM used the same style oil cap on TONS of cars from the I think the late 80's to present day. So this fits a TON of cars

Originally Posted by zipper
Man, that's really cool that they made a custom overlay for you and it looks great! Do you mind telling us how much it cost for them to make you a custom one? I would like to do something like this, but a little different.
I ordered this overlay and a custom Firebird one for a friend, so I got a bulk discount. But if I was to buy just the one, it was going to be $20. Seems a bit pricy for something so small, but it's a custom job, so I'm not complaining. If you contact them, they will do different custom stuff. They are obviously limited in exactly what they can do, but the sales guy worked with me VERY well... I give them a on customer service!
For the oil cap I used, it was 1.5" in diameter, fit 100% PERFECT! Stock oil cap size I believe will be different.

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
When I get the replica bullits for my winter rims I wonder if they could do a running pony overlays for the center caps?
More then likely they can work something out. I've been debating on something custom for covering the Moda on my after market rims.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The oil cap looks great. Custom rim caps would be cool too. My father in law had some chrome rims on his cutlass and he added the rocket emblems to the center caps and most people thought they were stock rims.