Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

After Market Accessories

Old 10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Default After Market Accessories

I just got my 05 MC LS about 2wks ago. I am considering some additions to it like a sunroof, spoiler and fog lights. Has anyone had a sunroof installed afterwards? I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with them leaking. Is there a certain type that should be installed? Same question with the fog lights. I noticed it wasn't an option on the LS for 05. Does that mean it will be difficult to install them. Seems like it should be easy, however I'm wondering if the space is there for the controls inside the dash. I haven't gotten the manuals yet, so I am unable to look this up. And how diffficult is it to attach the spoiler? Finally, where would the best place be to purchase the fog lights and a spoiler. I live in the Panhandle area.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Default RE: After Market Accessories

There are several aftermarket websites for the spoiler, depends on which one you want but they usually run between $100-$250 depending on if they are painted or not, do a search on yahoo or google for "monte carlo spoiler" and you should come up with several options.

As far as the fog lights go; the dealer would have the stock lights for you or you can do some measuring and get a set of aftermarket lights from any auto parts store like autozone or advance auto. Again you will have some options, I am actually thinking about swaping my stock lights for a set of projector style fog lights if I can find a set that prolect white light instead of the amber color that I have found so far.

I really have no clue on the sun roof however, my '01 SS already has the stock sun roof. I know there are places that will put one in for you, but I have no idea on what the quality is like, your best bet is to shop around the local area and ask alot of questions.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

the thing with putting a sunroof in is your going to need a new headliner too

and as for the fog lights, if you get the ones from the stealership, they go on no problem, you just have to unscrew those plasting grates that are where the fog lights should go

Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 AM

Actually those fog lights can be a bigger problem than you think. I had a Saturn and ordered them afterward and the problem was the main wiring harness didn't have the foglight option in it, plus the fuse box in the engine comartment would need to be rewired. I could have run all new lines but it would have been that much bigger of a pain.

To get the stock option you also need to order their mounting brackets and the switch... on the Saturn that was like a $150 part right there.

Now while it is pretty easy and slightly time consuming... realistically 3 hours for all the putzing around you need to do it isn't as simple as "slapping them on."