General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

87 Monte Carlo SS Temperature Gauge not working

Old 06-25-2018, 01:50 PM
1 Year Member
Default 87 Monte Carlo SS Temperature Gauge not working

Wondering if someone can help me with a problem with my 87 SS. I noticed the temp gauge is not working. The temp just stays at 100 all the time. Wondering if there is a sensor that needs to replaced or a wire that I need to look for? Any suggestions will be helpful!

Thanks

Old 06-25-2018, 04:43 PM

If I remember correctly, the temperature sender should be in the driver's side head between cylinder 1 and 3 . Would be a place to start, maybe the wire came off if your lucky.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:45 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS View Post
If I remember correctly, the temperature sender should be in the driver's side head between cylinder 1 and 3 . Would be a place to start, maybe the wire came off if your lucky.
Can you be more specific please, and tell me what I should be looking for when I find the wire and what it should look like?

Thanks

Old 06-26-2018, 05:59 PM

Should be where im pointing on the drivers side cylinder head. Mine has a plug installed .

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 06-26-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.