General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2005 monte scss WRECKED

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 AM

You would think the damage to your car that the white truck left would be enough to support your story. I hope you get it worked out.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Sorry to read about your Monte & your accident , but great to read that you are not in the hospital or morgue.

Is you Monte totaled ? I hope that your insurance company has good investigator's and can prove your innocence.

Keep us updated & `if you have pictures, please post so that we can all cry with you...Wish you future safe journey's in whatever you get next....GOOD LUCK

Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First, glad you're able to walk and talk about your accident. People can never be replaced. BTW - I hope you wear your seat belt. I'm a firm believe they save lives (I know they protected me in a couple accidents).

Second, It's great to hear you have WITNESSES! I personally would fight the ticket the cop issued you. Since you have witnesses and your insurance company has your back, it should be possible to fight and win.

Third, your insurance should not change too much as long as you can successfully fight the ticket and your insurance company does not find you at fault. If it has to be covered as an under/uninsured motorist accident, I'm sure it will raise a little, but not nearly as bad as if you are guilty of the citation.

Best of luck!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM

I never received a citation the police just listed it as my fault. The insurance lady is telling me to amend the police report because it says I hit the wall then went into traffic and possibly take it to court. 1 witness says a white truck hit me the other 2 didnt mention it but as long as the person that saw the wreck happen and stopped to check and make sure everything was ok, I would assume that would be grounds for a change in the report, however I heard it was very difficult to get a amend on a police report and would need substantial reasonable doubt. I was wearing my seatbelt. Ill eventually post the pics after I finally get my phone to upload them.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad your alright. As far as the insurance co goes watch them closely. Even if you think they are on you side i wouldn't trust them. They will try to get off as cheap as possible.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM

The insurance company gave me 14000 for the car which leaves me 6k in hand after the wreck and I received a new adjuster because the other driver just issued a bodily claim. This new adjuster says that the wreck doesnt makes sense as provided by the witness that made the claim nor does the police report make sense and theyre investigating the damage on my car and ruled that there was no way I just lost control and ran into a wall rather I got hit and lost control and they told me to challenge the pd and amend the police report. One other witness mentioned the white truck but that he wasnt sure if he hit me the others said they didnt see it. So my adjuster put the claims on hold and said shes not paying anybody until the wreck is investigated more. And that at this point in time im not in fault

Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM

Glad your ok and I would just keep a good eye out for the truck, as for a car get an impala or a grand prix