General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2004 Monte Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 06:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah it was pretty quick from GMMA and very quick from Brad at Triple-A once he had everything. As I stated before, I got a laminated copy for shows and a paper copy for my records, just to be safe. All-in-all, between GMMA and Triple-A costs, I believe it was $106.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-16-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Received the dealer invoice copy I needed.... I just completed my order with Triple A Enterprises. Hopefully I will have a sweet reproduction of my window sticker soon! Seems like a silly detail, but I'm pretty jazzed up about it!

Old 12-02-2018, 09:42 PM

10 Year Member

This is awesome and moving right along. Saturday, I officially submitted my order for my reproduction window sticker with Triple A Enterprise (this included uploading my dealer invoice). By 9pm EST, today, Sunday, I was emailed my proof of the window sticker! DANG! At this rate, I am guessing my final product should be delivered and in my hands by the end of the week or sooner!! LOVING IT!

Many people have worked to assist me in this (ranging from Google searching with me, bumping my threads/posts, trying new approaches to help engage others). That help was and is truly appreciated!!! I want to give a special shout out to Randy Shannon, not sure he's a member of MCF.com, but he responded to one of my FB posts with pics of his 2004 Monte Carlo SS (non-supercharged) window sticker. Months of trying to find a Monte Carlo owner with a window sticker matching what I needed, Randy was the first (and only) to post exactly what was required to finally move this ball forward.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Wow how cool is that!!

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
This is awesome and moving right along. Saturday, I officially submitted my order for my reproduction window sticker with Triple A Enterprise (this included uploading my dealer invoice). By 9pm EST, today, Sunday, I was emailed my proof of the window sticker! DANG! At this rate, I am guessing my final product should be delivered and in my hands by the end of the week or sooner!! LOVING IT!

Many people have worked to assist me in this (ranging from Google searching with me, bumping my threads/posts, trying new approaches to help engage others). That help was and is truly appreciated!!! I want to give a special shout out to Randy Shannon, not sure he's a member of MCF.com, but he responded to one of my FB posts with pics of his 2004 Monte Carlo SS (non-supercharged) window sticker. Months of trying to find a Monte Carlo owner with a window sticker matching what I needed, Randy was the first (and only) to post exactly what was required to finally move this ball forward.
Wow how cool is that!! after it arrives post a photo so we can see it.
The one I found was a great match but for the Cars Color that was all I changed on it. Might not be the same as what you will get but I thought it was a great find.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member

I see a LOT of people looking at mine. I usually lay it on the dash on the passenger side since the event placard is usually on the driver side. I had it displayed at every car event this year except Monte Nationals (I forgot it, go figure). It's a nice addition to the overall display of the car.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:47 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
The one I found was a great match but for the Cars Color that was all I changed on it. Might not be the same as what you will get but I thought it was a great find.
I don't recall you finding a 2004 Monte SS sticker, if so, I am sorry I missed it. I believe you found a very good shot of a 2002 Monte SS. Problem is the company that does these reproduction stickers will not work with a template from one that is not a match for year/trim/drivetrain. I can see why. I compared the stickers for the 2002 Monte SS to the 2004 Monte SS. The EPA information is different and so are how the standard options are listed. If the 2002 was used to obtain the EPA and standard option information, it sadly would not be correct.

Once mine arrives, pics will be posted!

Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I don't recall you finding a 2004 Monte SS sticker, if so, I am sorry I missed it. I believe you found a very good shot of a 2002 Monte SS. Problem is the company that does these reproduction stickers will not work with a template from one that is not a match for year/trim/drivetrain. I can see why. I compared the stickers for the 2002 Monte SS to the 2004 Monte SS. The EPA information is different and so are how the standard options are listed. If the 2002 was used to obtain the EPA and standard option information, it sadly would not be correct.

Once mine arrives, pics will be posted!
Dean did find an 04 SS sticker but it was a supercharged so it wouldn't have worked. If Triple A does request an example to help them create an accurate reproduction, the big ticket items NEED to be 100% the exact same - same year, same trim level (LS, LT, LTZ, SS, etc.) and same drivetrain (3.8L NA, 3.8L SC, 3.9L, 5.3L, etc.). Those big ticket items effect other items shown on the window sticker. So, for example, if you have a 2003 SS, the example window sticker HAS to be a 2003 SS 3.8L NA (not a 2002, not an LS 3.4L). Car color doesn't matter.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 12-04-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:44 PM

10 Year Member

AHH! I did just review through this thread. Yep, Dean did find a variety of window stickers, but unfortunately they did not meet the requirements Triple A needed for a template.
And to the point of why Triple A needs matching year, trim and drivetrain.... Despite the drivetrain of a 2002/2003/2004 Monte being L36 and the same transmission, the EPA data differs when you get to 2004 (as odd as it seems).

But again, I know a lot of people here tried to help and that is greatly appreciated!!! I am anxious to get the reward of a nice window sticker in the mail soon!!

Old 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM

10 Year Member

Around February this year, I started a journey to get a reproduction of my Monte's factory window sticker. Because of how niche the car is, it took a long time to find the pieces needed to have this done. Today, it's finally here!