General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???

Does anyone know if is such a thing as a 2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition dale SR.) edition. Ive been seaching craigslist for parts for my monte and came accross a grey 2004 monte carlo ss imtimidator dale sr #3 car. Its has #3 on the forward center part of the hood and on the roof pilers. it has the intimidator badges on the normal areas. its about a 3 1/2 hour drive to get it so i dont wanna waste my time if its a fake.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???-monte.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If that pic is the "intimidator" you speak of, it's either 100% fake (my thought) or the rims have been swapped and it was repainted.

Too many people pop #3 and intimidator badging on these cars and try to pass them off as the legit item (part of the reason GM sold the true cars with a certificate of authenticity). I believe you can also find the truth by contacting GM with the VIN number.

If I recall, on the passenger side dash panel, where most of these cars have a badge reading "Monte Carlo", the intimidator actually says "Intimidator".

Old 02-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Looks Like its sitting super high aswell like it has no motor/trans

Old 02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I didn't think they made an intimidator in any color other than black, with the black and grey interior, but I could be wrong.

Personally I would pass on that one as it doesn't look right, has the wrong rims, I don't recall there being a decal on the hood like that, and honestly the paint isn't the best, just on those merits alone I would pass, but if the deal is an incredible one and you don't mind it then I would at least ask the seller to send you some more detailed pics before making that kind of a drive, ask for the interior, pics with headrest, dash panel badging, instrument panel, as all 3 of those should have the intimidator markings on them, and ask for the certificate of authenticity as well, as this will help you in determining if the price is justified or just someone trying to pass of a fake

Old 02-08-2015, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member

That ls exactly what I thought about intimidators so that's why I asked I was planning on buying it for the high sport lower extensions only. Since like Lorenzo noticed it does not have an motor or tranny. I have a fresh rebuilt l67 and rebuilt tranny that I was about to put in my 2000 monte ls. But if this car was a real intimidator I was going to put it into that instead. But now I'll just buy it take the high sport head and tail lights then send it to a auto junkyard. Thanks for your inputs I didn't want to send a true intimidator to the junkyard. I hope he still has it on Tuesday my next day off

Old 02-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Definitely not a real intimidator, wrong color, wrong wheels, 2004 intimidators have no number 3 anywhere either. I'd be curious to see the ad, do you have a link for it?

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 02-08-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte boy
Does anyone know if is such a thing as a 2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition dale SR.) edition. Ive been seaching craigslist for parts for my monte and came accross a grey 2004 monte carlo ss imtimidator dale sr #3 car. Its has #3 on the forward center part of the hood and on the roof pilers. it has the intimidator badges on the normal areas. its about a 3 1/2 hour drive to get it so i dont wanna waste my time if its a fake.
This is definitely a fake, you can tell by the Color (it must be Black), and the Wheels also this one has the early 2000 Wheels. I am attaching some photos for references so you can Identify the Intimidator by Year, the 02 is on top and the o4 on the bottom the 02 has the silver accent at the bottom and notice the Monte Carlo SS on the side, the 04 is all Black and has the Intimidator SS on the side. I hope the reference is helpful. I included the Headrest shots of both the 02 had a classy bowtie and the 04 had that ............ logo thing.

also a photo of the Dash near the glove box with the Dale #3 and signature.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???-2002-2004-intimidator-jpg.jpg   2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???-intimidatorheadrest.jpg   2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???-200-intimidator-monte-carlo-5-.jpg   2004 monte carlo (Intimidator edition) ???-montecarlo-84-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-09-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Photo and additonal incormation