General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Trans Build: Triple edge Performance review

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Triple edge Performance review

ok folks here it goes, so Friday my transmission from triple edge performance came to my trans shop, they were recommended from a few members who dealt with them like John and his turbo Monte. So i ordered a basix build took around a month because they were backed up. when they shipped it though it got to the shop in 2 days. so Monday i dropped the car off and they said it will be done the next day, i made sure i got a new trans mount and the fluids. they told me that my oil pressure sending unit was bad but they called it and oil switch so i thought it was something else, i had a spare but o well. both my axles seemed to have fell apart when they took it out. so they got replaced as well. but fast forward to the good stuff.
i start the car and shift through all gears a few times to make sure fluid got through. i start to drive and i notice that i don't feel the shifts like i did my old trans, also that i have more get up and go. With my old trans my rpms was up to 2,5 3k going 50mph, this trans i was going around 50 mph and was around 1.8 ish, well i will tell more when i have the chance this is the only the first day but so far so good

Old 02-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Congrats on the new transmission!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nicely played George, so happy for you and your Monte "Jack". Seems like things happen for a reason, your axles were both bad, lucky they did not fail after the new tranny and bind up and break some internal tranny parts or flop around and break brake lines and such.

Now you just might make it to the GM Nat's this year, which would be cool for you. Heard last year you were on your way and had mechanical related issues and had to turn back. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Lets see what else you have to report back with your new Triple Edge tranny... You got the best there is for sure bud!

Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 PM

Oops! An error was made here.

Last edited by Habbibie; 02-03-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Congratulations on your new trans. I took my car to Dave so he could re-build my transmission. I too noticed right away the it shifted better. It shifts like it means to! The old one shifted when it kinda sorted felt like it should, at some point. I also got new mount, new rad, added external cooler. Dave also found a bad axle and a broken stabilizer.
Dave recommended a tune. So I went to Will at OverKill since he was close. He took my car for an afternoon and did a live tune which worked well.
I've gone 40,000 km's since the new trans and it still runs like new.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Out of curiousity, how much did just the trans and install run you?

Old 02-04-2015, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks everyone!! I definitely plan on going thus year. I'm try a get everything together now and start installing in spring time. And beater monte the trans was 1375 no tax. Fluids (13 qts) 55, trans mount 33
And install was 400. The axles and the sensor boosted it up by 200

Old 02-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear it's running well!

If you want to talk to Will about doing a tune, but don't want to bother with a core charge or sending your PCM to him, see how much he would do an email tune for and I can be your HPT liason, where I read your PCM off the car, send it to him, and when he sends the modification back, I can flash it to your car for $100 (the cost of the 2 HPT credits needed)

Old 02-07-2015, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Glad to hear it's running well!

If you want to talk to Will about doing a tune, but don't want to bother with a core charge or sending your PCM to him, see how much he would do an email tune for and I can be your HPT liason, where I read your PCM off the car, send it to him, and when he sends the modification back, I can flash it to your car for $100 (the cost of the 2 HPT credits needed)

not sure if im gonna do anything that would require a tuned pcm but i will keep that in mind mike

Old 02-07-2015, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member

update: so i went up to allentown to get the spoiler and i must say that i am impressed with TEP indeed, the top speed that i seen was 75mph and the tach went 2.5 the highest, i saw that i went to 70mph and the tach was at 2k. i didn't feel the shifts really and i didn't hear any whine like how i did with the last one. i also came across this nice mach 1 mustang nice indeed

Quick Reply: Trans Build: Triple edge Performance review