General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2004 mc ss HId light help and info .

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ramairetransam
Anyone have any useful info for me.

all the HIDS on ebay are the same just letting you know. i bought 2 sets of HIDS one for my pops gtp and one for my mc they are from ebay btw. the ballast on his hid burnt out last year mine still working fine after years.

my suggestion is to go with 6000k it's good driving light have little tint of blue color to it. all the kit will say plug and play, but if you want your hid to shine brighter you need to get a separate wire harness for it. when you do the plug and play method you sharing all the light out put from the dash lights, dome lights and so on. the hid will not be as bright plus you run into problems like radio static, flickering headlights...etc.

with the harness you are getting the juice straight from the main power, the battery. get the harness if i were you. like i said before got my hid from ebay, but i think zzp hid is pretty good too. my buddy have one on his mc and i drove his car one time at nite. his hid shine out further than mine and little brighter too.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:00 PM

hello ramairetransam

some people can be annoying with the whole illegal thing and projector issue (no offense) but i went against the grain and got an 8000k HID kit, they do illuminate the road A LOT better than halogen bulbs, i can see pot holes and fallen tree branches a lot better at night so i'm driving safer

the whole 'blinding others' issue doesnt need so much emphasis, when it comes down to it, its what makes YOU happy and what YOU wanna spend your money on, people will hate anything, loud systems, HIDs, loud exhausts, tough **** in my opinion, we work hard for our money (most of us) and we will spend it the way we want (FOR THE RECORD i respect other peoples cars as if they were mine, im very courteous on the road and i look out for other drivers as well for myself, but this is a mod people, im not gonna let other drivers determine if i should mod my car the way i want it to be modded)

i can take some pics so you can see what an 8000k kit looks like, its blue but not dark blue, light ice blue, its just right.. and you shouldnt have a prob with the DRL's

Last edited by SLAB_Ryder; 09-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:00 AM

okay, so i get the hit kit and then upgraded harness. Once i get the upgraded harness my drl's wont work anymore , correct ?

Another what happens with the auto headlights , say i go into the garage to do an oil change the lights come on and then when i back out they go off ? isn't this bad or do i need to get rid of the auto headlights.

These are things that concern me and also the life of them . Thats what worries me the most . I don't wanna be outta state and have something happen .

Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Ramairetransam
okay, so i get the hit kit and then upgraded harness. Once i get the upgraded harness my drl's wont work anymore , correct ?

Another what happens with the auto headlights , say i go into the garage to do an oil change the lights come on and then when i back out they go off ? isn't this bad or do i need to get rid of the auto headlights.

These are things that concern me and also the life of them . Thats what worries me the most . I don't wanna be outta state and have something happen .
your drl still work. on mine i only upgrade the low (driving lights) i left my high beam and fog stock cause i never use them. imo the low driving lights is all you need unless you want to get fancier then upgrade the high and fog lights. i don't know how to turn off the drl lights, but i know this guy sells a kit for it.

bbengineer.com

Last edited by nemesis; 10-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.