2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt LE - Page 3 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt LE

Old 05-20-2018, 07:55 PM

Your second pic is where the pvc valve goes. The fuel pressure regulator is located by the thermostat housing on the fuel rail.The fuel rail is What the injectors are attached too and the fuel regulator has a small vacuum line going to it. What happens when it leaks is the vacuum hose sucks fuel into the intake and creates a excessive amount of fuel and you can see what happens next.

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 05-20-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:01 PM

I am attempting to assess and compile a list of what I need to buy in order to obtain the best result, sources of parts are welcome!

Old 05-20-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanks Jeff for your help, I appreciate it, I will need more of it! Thank you

Old 05-20-2018, 08:09 PM

Thanks Jeff for your help, I appreciate it, I will need more of it! Thank you

Old 05-20-2018, 08:11 PM

Jeff, I'm about to order parts, which do you believe I should order as well as the Intake as far as sensors go to prevent a repeat?

Old 05-20-2018, 08:13 PM

As for the obvious the upper intake and gaskets , pvc valve a Fuel regulator ,a set of plugs and wires if needed, oil change and what ever is melted or broken.Very important make sure to get a inch pound torque wrench to assemble.

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 05-20-2018 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Info
Old 05-20-2018, 08:20 PM

Ok Jeff thanks, I will start from there, thank you

Old 05-21-2018, 08:12 AM

THAT STUPID BOX, TAKE THAT THING OFF THERE..

Thats what they call on ebay, a "performance module".. Piece of garbage thats supposed to trick your car into making 1000whp....

Old 06-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Question Update, Teardown begun

Ok was easy enough removing the fuel rail, and the busted up intake, everything kinda dirty, one injector burned so have to replace that one, most of the wiring appears intact so I dont think that will be much problem. haven't removed the "Dumb Box" yet but will.
My dilemma : I can't get the engine to turn over, New battery, got someone to turn the key while I watch, the starter engages, I can see the belt and pulleys jerk, but thats it. I'm not ruling out the starter, nor am I ruling out an internal problem. It doesn't "sound" like the pistons are hitting a valve. I removed the front valve cover and didn't see anything "hinky" . I can get to the Harmonic Balancer Bolt through the passenger front wheel well, but I dont have a wrench big enough to "get on it" and see if I can turn it physically. I am considering removing the belt, to take alternator water, pump, PS, and A/C out of the equation, and hit the key again. Since it uses a timing chain and not a timing belt, I am hesitant to believe that it has an internal problem from a "backfire" ! I am not familiar with the problems these engines have, and have not rebuilt an engine since I rebuilt a 340 Duster Engine to put in my old Power Wagon back in the 80's.
I'm really not inclined at the moment to do a complete rebuild, or a top end unless its necessary. Any troubleshooting hints?

Attached Thumbnails 2002   Monte SS   Dale Earnhardt LE-img_1629.jpg  
Old 06-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Here's couple things you can try. First double check the battery ground . Try to remove the belt and see if the engine will rotate with the starter, , maybe a pulley is locked up. Since you don't have a socket for the balancer you can remove that plastic cover between the engine and trans by the starter and put a screw driver in the teeth of the flywheel and rotate the engine. If that doesn't rotate that way you probably have internal issue's. Good luck

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 06-01-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.