General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2000 Monte Carlo SS Official Pace car

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 11:50 AM
Default 2000 Monte Carlo SS Official Pace car

Hello,
I am new with this Forum, hoping, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I purchased an 2000 Monte official Pace car 2 years ago with 180 miles, I believe this would be considered a time capsule car.
They only made 2222 of them for the year of 2000, my car has a certificate of 932 off the line.
My question is how do you put a price on this type of car of what it would go for.
I am trying to find another care of similarity to figure out what the ball park value is having no luck .
Can anyone one offer some advice.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:13 PM

The best idea for a price is an appraisal company. They should give you the best idea for your area and don't have a emotional attachment to the vehicle. Asking someone who enjoys the vehicle isn't the best idea for a actual value. A person who is interested in selling their car is going to give you a high estimate and someone looking to buy will give you a low end price. Having documentation of service does help, even if you did the work yourself. But keep in mind that spending $5000 on a new engine doesn't necessarily mean that adds $5000 more to the value.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

180 miles or a 180k miles?? If it is 180 miles (less than 1,000 miles) and it is legit and has been properly stored, you may have something VERY hard to properly value. Plus, what documentation do you have for it (like the Certificate of Authenticity or the factory window sticker)? Details like that help with having a car being sold as a "collector" car. Jeff has some good point as well. I would suggest check known auction sites for info on the 2000 Pace Car (even if the miles are not near 180, still can help give you some areas). Sites like sold auctions on eBay, BringATrailer, Barret Jackson or Mecum. Jeff's idea of an appraisal is also a good one.

I have seen 2002 Dale Senior Signature Edition Montes that are close to knew and 50K or less miles fetch $18-$31K (two of them are on BringATrailer's completed listings). But if you are looking at a value as a collector car/time capsule, this means you don't intend to drive this car.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:22 PM

Yes, thanks for responding
I have all the documents for the car on the date of the original purchase,
Certificate of Authenticity 932 off the Line.
I have the original Factory sticker
And all the sticker Emblems are still in the case.
The previous owner passed away when I purchased the car from the family, the car was in Car shows, he never had the car detailed.
It has all the factory stickers on the interior and all the factory marks and stickers from the inspection line when it was built.
I purchased this car on a whim being it was a rare find.,

Old 01-03-2022, 04:48 PM

I'd second Maniac's approach - a handful of near 0 miles 6th gens go through BJ auction every year. Searching sales records would at least give you a rough ballpark for free. Just keep in mind those auction values tend to be higher than local sales due to the large event and the owners get a % taken out of their cash for fees.

If you're considering selling soon, I'd agree with getting a good appraiser and strongly weighing your options on sales venues since it can have a major impact (via larger audiences) on value.