General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1995 Original Pace Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by bblackstone
Got lucky on E-Bay. There are other places out there on the web if your lucky enough to hit one with the decals you need. I just need the hood graphic.
I had a list of contacts untill my lap top crashed. I will try to find them again and forward them to you. What graphics do you need? I can try to find them when I relocate the dealers with graphics.
A couple of the side graphics have a few creases in them. I'd like to grab an entire set "just in case" but would consider buying them in bits and pieces. Thanks!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Default 95 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 68K miles : )

We have my deceased Dad's Z34 1995 with 68K original miles -- can anyone tell me how the low mileage may effect the value considering the awesome engine?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM

Following these cars closely has been a real eye opener, especially since I now own one. The values never did materialize the way people thought they would. For example a very clean one with 32K only sold for $6k on eBay, and I've seen them go as low as $3K. I would say in good condition it would be worth about $5K. Taking to owners, and given my own experience so far with the 3.4 engine, one of the biggest drawbacks is maitenance costs. I'm having upper and lower intakes done now, plus a tune up and potentially a timing belt replaced. Can't wait to see the bill for that! My son worked at a dealership and when cars with these engines can in for service, the techs would all run for cover especially when an water pump or alternator needed to be repalced! Email me if you want to talk more. montec2@hotmail.com

Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default true

Monte 77 how true. Getting ready to redo upper intake and power stearing pump. I'm thinking of just replacing the whole motor. Thought it would hurt the value in the long run. I may be dead before the value comes along. Still though. I love my 014 OPC.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info! -- because it was my Dad's car and my sister now giving to me I am only paying the shipping from Ohio $900 so certainly well worth that and really not planning to sell -- the value to me is that it was my Dad's and he loved it so much.. I love the history of the model...and performance of the engine : ) Plus good gas mileage for the power. Was just curious because KBB takes none of the uniqueness of model into consideration I don't think. My sister has already put a lot of money into the car - new exhaust system etc. It does have an oil leak which may require getting to the pan to replace and may cost around $700 -- AND may need to put a $200 CA compliant Cat on it to pass smog .... but all in all especially because I know mechanics -- still under $2000 ($1800) worst case scenario...and hard to find ANY car in Cali with miles that low.... so : ) But agree repairs not cheap compared to other cars ...

Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 AM

She almost sold it to a guy for $500! Because the guy wasn't worried about the oil leak LOL - well of course he wasn't! at $500 purchase price : ) My sister knows nothing about cars, won't post ads, etc..... = : o I was like nooooo I will ship it HERE hello!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM

The oil leak is most likely the distributor O-ring, and yes that repair price is about right. What number is yours?