General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1995 Original Pace Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bblackstone
I too would love the roof spoiler (solar spoiler) lights would be sweet. As of now I can not find any. I too am thinking of building a mold/cast for one. I just dont know if there would be a call for as many as it would take to break even. Hopefully I can figure it out this winter. Thanks for the agknowledgement of the thread. Any comment is welcome. Especialy a positive one.
Been in contact with a guy about the Roof/Solar spoiler. Next step will be to meet with him when I get back in town at the end of this week. He also will be able to color code paint them! So if there is any interest, let me know. I will TRY to post some pictures of the product. SORRY!!!! But YES it is from the 024 Show Pace Car @ Barrett/Jackson. I know how some of you hate how all I talk about on this thread is the 95 Pace Car.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Original Pace Car-cv950103.jpg   1995 Original Pace Car-cv950104.jpg   1995 Original Pace Car-cv950105.jpg  

Last edited by bblackstone; 10-25-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member

Just posted new pictures on photo bucket.

http://s702.photobucket.com/home/bigarm19

Did even more photo's. This time at night.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Default Solar wing

Been in contact with a guy about the Roof/Solar spoiler. Next step will be to meet with him when I get back in town at the end of this week. He also will be able to color code paint them! So if there is any interest, let me know. I will TRY to post some pictures of the product. SORRY!!!! But YES it is from the 024 Show Pace Car @ Barrett/Jackson. I know how some of you hate how all I talk about on this thread is the 95 Pace Car.

The thing of it is this. It will be very simple and compatible with out complications. The first set to be casted will be the look alike of the 1994 Brick Yard 400 Chevy Monte Carlo 5TH Generation. See photo's in previous post's. The housing will be open at the bottom. If you get it with lights. Brake or strobe. Clear, amber, mixed.
The Solar wing will be opened at the bottom and fastened by 3M double sticky tape. If lights are purchased from me or anybody else the lights are mounted first. The wires running through the rear wind shield molding. Then the solar housing applied. The housing will also be opened in the rear and capped by a smoke plastic glass removable panel for easy access. If just the wing is purchased and the owner wishes to add lights later. The wing can be removed with fishing line and cleaned fairly easily.

The strobe lights dealer has almost been chosen. I need to contact a couple more dealers. I just don't think they have what we want. Remember all Solar wings will come with the option of color matched painted.

The second line will be after Christmas. 5TH generation 1998/99 Pace car. Photo above Texas 500 Pace Car. This I feel would be a better choice for those who want the lower profile look. More like the Grand Prix Daytona 500 Pace Car. This of course would be if the first mold gets me to brake even. That's all I'm looking for. If lights are involved. Just enough profit to cover the leg work.

Then if that goes well. 6TH G Solar and rear wing with lights.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Default Not much

Not much to add lately. Bought a new Brickyard rear spoiler. It is not 100% Brickyard so I bought a used one. Painting it soon. All in all she is ready to roll next spring. Can't wait. Turns out I may not have to after all. I could be getting transfered to Orlando Fl. 10 months of car shows!!!!
Still trying to find a decent molder. Just can't seem to get this simple idea into peoples heads. I showed one vendor what I wanted. He came back with something totaly off base. He said he thought it looked cooler than G.M.'s idea. No reply from me. I just walked out the door.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the update. Thumbs down on that guy that would give you what you asked for.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 PM

Pictures looking good.
Your 01 pace car has a missing fog light?
I like the bowtie on the hood, is that factory? I asked because I think Amy's has a hood bowtie also. ( I could be completely wrong on which member.)

Old 01-15-2011, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Default its there

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Pictures looking good.
Your 01 pace car has a missing fog light?
I like the bowtie on the hood, is that factory? I asked because I think Amy's has a hood bowtie also. ( I could be completely wrong on which member.)

The fog light is there. Now just dangling. uuggg. Bow tie is from Phoenix graphics.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Amy added the bowtie herself.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Hey, don't want to hi-jack this thread, but you mentioned that you got replacement decals for your 95 Brickyard. From where? I just purchased #28 two weeks ago.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte77
Hey, don't want to hi-jack this thread, but you mentioned that you got replacement decals for your 95 Brickyard. From where? I just purchased #28 two weeks ago.

Got lucky on E-Bay. There are other places out there on the web if your lucky enough to hit one with the decals you need. I just need the hood graphic.
I had a list of contacts untill my lap top crashed. I will try to find them again and forward them to you. What graphics do you need? I can try to find them when I relocate the dealers with graphics.

Quick Reply: 1995 Original Pace Car