General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1995 Brickyard 400 Pace Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Default 1995 Brickyard 400 Pace Car

Just purchased a Brickyard 400 (#28) from a person in Rhode Island. The car was originally a track car in Tennessee (still verifying which track) that was sold to a private owner in 1999.

I think I know the answer to this question, but anyone know of a source for repro. decals?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 AM

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
Super Looking Monte Brickyard for sure.
How's it run for 84K miles ? How's the transmission after you've been driving it ?
Look forward to reading more about it & also seeing more pictures... Wish your safe/fun trouble`free miles.
EnJoy the MCF
============================================
They sure hold there value...
Below is one with only 36 miles Asking $19K
1995 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO PACE CAR

Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM

It drives great. The tranny is re-learning how to shift into 4th after being used very little over the past 5 years.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Great looking monte! Always been a fan of those

Old 06-11-2011, 12:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the purchase - you have one rare Monte!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your ultra rare pace car!

I suspect you already know the answer to your question. Unfortunately, graphics like those are only produced in a very short supply. And when they're gone, that's it. You may get lucky and find some on ebay. But other than that, you may have to get them custom made yourself. Or custom painted onto the car.

Are you in desperate need of replacements? Or just looking to keep some spares "in case"?

In either case, I would take a lot of detailed pictures of all the decals and such on the car. Incase you ever need to get custom replacements made or painted on.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM

While the stripes have several small flaws, I just want a set "in case". I will try the various auction sites, can't hurt.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Love that car! In that case, keep watching out for them, but be prepared to open your wallet when you find a set. Not sure how close a graphics shop can come to duplicating them.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

cool looking Monte, welcome to the forum!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KJRich
In that case, keep watching out for them, but be prepared to open your wallet when you find a set.
Ain't that the truth! Be prepared to pay well into the hundreds for originals. Reproductions should be a bit cheaper. But most likely won't exactly match in color. Which means, if you need to actually use reproduction decals, you'll most likely want to replace the entire side of the car. Otherwise, it'll be obvious you replaced a section.

To give you an idea of how much I'm talking about. If you look at the stripes on the side of my Dale Jr edition (in my sig). The section of stripes between the door and the rear wheel well. The dealership wants $356 for factory originals. And that doesn't even include the "Supercharged SS" badges or the raised moulding. Only the three stripes. Be prepared to pay that kind of money for originals for your Monte!

If I were you, and I intended on keeping the car a long, long time...

I would keep an eye out for replacements. Depending on how much they are, I would look into the cost of getting them painted on professionally. But of course getting them painted on would be a last resort. And only if something happened that causes me to have to replace the original decals. (ie: accident, etc...)

Do your best to keep your car in good shape. If you're able to park it out of the elements (garage), even better. It'll help keep your decals longer. I would also hand wash and wax the car without using any buffing machines or high-pressure sprayers. As the vinyl decals age, high pressure sprayers will loosen them up and blast pieces of them right off the car.

Quick Reply: 1995 Brickyard 400 Pace Car