General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

09 Caddy RWD/550 HP+G8

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 09 Caddy RWD - 550 HP : )

[align=center]Our auto writers pick Cadillac CTS coupe concept as `star of the show[/align][align=center]
The Detroit News /Click below link to read article[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...TO04/801180449[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]And then, there's more[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Cadillac Lets Its Hair Down
Posted January 23 2008 07:37 AM by staff& Space : )
Filed under: Opinion, Cadillac , Coupes, Luxury

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Cadillac's new CTS coupe concept is a stunner. Like it or not, there's no doubting that it has presence and more significantly, seems to be a significant departure from the GM norm. Its fast back profile, tight haunches, and overall aggressiveness are marked departure from the staid shapes of old. (Photo courtesy of Motor Trend.)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Most significantly though, expect the production version to be a near carbon copy of the concept. GM has never been lacking for interesting concepts, but it has only recently started to bring those shapes to production, especially within the Cadillac brand.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Credit of the new found styling renaissance goes to Bob Lutz and Ed Welburn. Freed of GM's internal rules for design, GM's designers are now free to broaden the brand's aesthetic.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Our take? If this is a sign of things to come... GO GM![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
DETROIT – Having earned critical acclaim, industry awards and brisk sales, Cadillac CTS has moved into the vanguard of contemporary design. In doing so, Cadillac designers faced the question of what to do next. Their answer celebrates that design legacy with the exhilarating Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept, which premiered at the 2008 North American International Auto Show. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
The CTS Coupe takes Cadillac’s acclaimed Art and Science design language and adds more of both. More expressive, more technical and very personal, the CTS Coupe extends the dramatic design of its sedan predecessor with all-new sculpted bodywork aft of the front fenders. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[b]“The CTS Coupe Concept is a dramatic design statement,” said Ed Welburn, VP, GM Global Design. “We did not create it as the result of sifting through reams of market dat

Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Oh -my - GAWDY! Seriously... that grille is like a TRUCK grille.What are they trying to prove. If that thing seriously has 550 hp you should be able to hear it in the exhaust.

Cut a good 5"s off the grille, and lower the hood height by maybe 2" and i'd love it... it looks like a dang freight train. I mean don't get me wrong, I love therims, the short wheelbase, the short front overhang, agressive stance, door-edge handles, most of the body lines, and the ENGINE. BUT, and this is a big BUT, I would never drive something with that crazy of a grille.

if it seriously needs to have that much open area to keep that monster engine cool, then they should try to trade off with more lower grille?

I dunno, Just not my cuppa I guess...

Old 01-27-2008, 04:57 AM

Hi `Mike,
I think I will send your design suggestions/comments to GM -Cadillac Div : ) LOL
I will wait for final judgement until I see one in person, or on the streets.
Several of the foreign makers are increasing the grille size on their vehicles.
Maybe it will grow on you : ) I like `it, but I doubt that I could ever afford one.
Thanks `Mike for your post/comments. I like reading members feedback
on cars, and what they think of them.
I'll be look'in forward to seeing your Monte with your new grille.
Peace/Out/`Space

Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 PM

i tell ya what, cafe can suck it for all i care, the feds screw us out of everything good and fun, expect the united states not to be stressed and all this other crap, yet they can drive around their lincoln continentals, pretty sure they get les than 18 mpg, no i know its great havin a import 4 banger cause i just got a 89 honda accord and the gas gauge hasnt moved after 50 miles but it cannot beat the fun and thrill of drivin around a monte or for that matter anything WITH power, which means v-8 or diesel in my book, and for 80k like cadillac wants, hah! i could have me a nice monte with a crate 572 dropped in it with the drivetrain to handle it also, so screw the feds! and to p/o them even more id have a bird catcher stickin out the hood and still be legal (barely)

Old 01-28-2008, 06:30 AM

[align=center]Can't afford a $80K Caddy[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]How about a GM Vehicle with monster V8 & RWD[/align][align=center]for $50K less : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

2008 Pontiac G8 StylesMSRP: $26,910 - $29,310
View: Pictures

[:-]BIG V-8 POWER
[:-]
[/align][align=center]
2008 Pontiac G8 Buzz Station
Rattle off the specs of the 2008 Pontiac G8 GT and you'd swear you're talking about BMW's new M3 sedan.
The 2008 G8 packs four doors, rear-wheel drive, a big V8, a six-speed automatic transmission and near 50/50 weight distribution. GM has even gone so far as to equip the G8 with a twin-pivot MacPherson strut front suspension with tons of caster, which is exactly the equation that provides BMW with its legendary steering feel

Click below to see pic's/article/video
http://www.edmunds.com/il/pontiac/g8...tid=ga43108026[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=exactly.gif][/align][align=center][:-]
What do U think ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space thinks that he still can't afford one, but[/align][align=center]he can still `dream : )[/align]

Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 AM

Fresh off the Boat:
2008 Pontiac G8 Arriving in the U.S.
Date posted: 01-27-2008
[/align]SANTA MONICA, Calif. — With Job 1 officially behind them, the first shipment of 2008 Pontiac G8s is currently floating its way from Australia to the United States. A total of four ships will soon arrive in Northern California's Benicia port, with the first ship expected on January 28. Aboard will be 1,800 new G8 sedans, a 50/50 mix of the 3.6-liter V6 G8 and the 362-horsepower 6.0-liter V8 G8 GT.

The G8 is expected to arrive in Pontiac showrooms by March 1, with West Coast dealers likely to receive their cars first due to the San Francisco Bay Area arrival port. General Motors used the same port for the Australian-built Pontiac GTO that GM imported briefly from 2004-'06. Pontiac says it will have 7,000 G8s on U.S. soil at launch, and expects to reach an annual sales volume of 40,000 cars in a full production year.

Customers won't necessarily have to wait for the G8 of their choice to be configured on the Australian production line, but instead may choose a G8 that is already in transit. Craig Bierley, Pontiac marketing director said, "The dealers and plant are so far apart, orders would take a lot of time. Instead, we've configured cars 11 different ways, and dealers will be able to use a "tagging tool" to choose cars that are already on the boat and reduce the order lead time."

With few available options, the top-of-the-line G8 GT tops out just under $33,000.

What this means to you: Pontiac is anxious to get the G8 from Down Under to your local dealer as quickly as possible. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

(Enlarge photo) [/align]Pontiac's new G8 sedan is scheduled to arrive in Northern California is less than two weeks. (Photo courtesy of General Motors Corporation) [/align]

(Enlarge photo) [/align]With 7,000 cars currently en route, Pontiac expects to reach an annual sales volume of 40,000 vehicles. (Photo courtesy of General Motors Corporation) [/align][/align]

(Enlarge photo) [/align]In order to cut down the order lead time, Pontiac dealers will help customers choose from cars that have already been built. (Pictured: G8 Concept) (Photo courtesy of General Motors Corporation) [/align][/align]

Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Though the 362-horsepower V8 has the singular duty of making the G8 scramble, Pontiac's displacement-on-demand technology will allow the giant engine to run on four cylinders when the full 391 pound-feet of torque is unnecessary
At 362 horsepower, the G8's 6.0-liter V8 makes less ponies than the Corvette version of the engine, but it makes 22 more than the standard 5.7-liter Hemi in the Dodge Charger RT.
Power Corrupts