Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

09 ZR1 Powered Caddy WoW : )

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 09 ZR1 Powered Caddy WoW : )

0-60 MPH in 3.9 sec
[align=center]1/4 mile 12.1 Sec @ 116.1 MPH[/align][align=center]WoW [/align][align=center][:-][/align]
First Drive: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
With the heart of the ZR1 Vette, this Caddy's acceleration is pulse-quickening.
[align=center]
By Shaun Bailey•Photos by Marc Urbano
[/align]
November 2008

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Manual/Automatic
List price
est $64,000
Price as tested
est $68,000
Curb weight
est 4290/4280 lb
Engine, transmission
6.2-liter supercharged V-8; 6-sp manual/6-sp automatic
Horsepower, bhp @ rpm
556 @ 6100
Torque, lb-ft @ rpm
551 @ 3800
0–60 mph
4.1/3.9 sec
0–100 mph
9.5/9.2 sec
0–1320 ft (1/4 mile)
12.4 sec @ 115.9 mph/12.2 sec @ 116.1 mph
Top speed
191/175 mph*
Braking, 60–0 mph
117 ft
Braking, 80–0 mph
197 ft
Lateral accel (200-ft skidpad)
0.91g
Speed thru 700-ft slalom
69.7 mph
Our mileage, EPA city/highway
est 11.0, est 10/16 mpg
[align=center][/align]
*Automatic is electronically limited.
[align=center][/align]
Slideshow: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V >>
[align=center]Monticello, New York — I'm back at the Monticello Motor Club, but this time I'm driving the new second-generation Cadillac CTS-V and not just watching John Heinricy chase down Bill Auberlen in a BMW M5 as reported in our October issue's "King for a Day." So, we already know the V can more than keep pace with the M5, and I can now confirm that the speed comes with a refinement and driving pleasure that are competitive with other sporting sedans.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
Slideshow >>
[align=center]Upping the ante is 556 bhp from a 6.2-liter supercharged V-8. Power peaks at 6100 rpm, just below the engine's peak speed of 6200. A staggering 551 lb.-ft. of torque is available at 3800 rpm. It's hard to resist the urge to generate billowing smoke clouds as it does this willingly and with ease. Gone are the trembling shift lever and hopping rear end of the first generation. The V is steady as a rock, thanks to the use of Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) shock absorbers and the efforts of Heinricy's team in fine-tuning the chassis. [/align][align=center]From the most important seat — an optional leather Recaro with adjustable bolstering — I found the thick steering wheel and pedals to be placed appropriately for precision driving, an optional Alcantara package adding to the sporting feel. Most of the interior is from the CTS, but there are some detail differences. An important one is the lack of a mechanical parking brake, replaced by an electronic one, thus freeing up some foot space for a better-located dead pedal. I particularly like the piano black interior trim.[/align][align=center]The gauges on the CTS-V are noticeably different. Red tracers follow the sweeping needles and add a technical sophistication. Other gauges include a multi-function display and boost gauge. To be honest, the speedometer in this car is pointless; it should just be a sticker that says "You're speeding." It's hard not to, as the car doesn't struggle to go fast. This feeling of ease is heightened by a light — yet quick — steering feel. A quick double-tap of the TC (traction control) button located on the steering wheel fixes that. Not only does that set the car in Competition mode, decreasing the stability-control restrictions, but also changes the amount of steering assistance. [/align][align=center]For real fun, though, press and hold the traction control button to disable the entire system. Then select the Sport mode of the MRC system. That's what I did recently at the Milford proving grounds in both 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic versions. At the test track I used up some of the custom Michelin Pilot Sport tires and performed instrumented testing. Both test cars were equipped with the optional brake package that simply swaps out front rotors and adds red paint to the Brembo calipers. [/align]
[align=center][/align]
Slideshow >>
[align=center]The Tremec TR6060 manual transmission handles power shifting with ease, which is good as the V is equipped with a no-lift shift feature. When near redline, the engine will hold boost for 1 second while the throttle is kept pressed to the floor. The exercise of power-shifting can be addictive. The automatic doesn't have the same insatiable desire to shred tires, but it offers an enjoyable experience nonetheless with quick upshifts and rev-matched downshifts that can be controlled by paddles on the steering wheel. [/align][align=center]After my drive, it's clear that the CTS-V has come of age. No longer a harsh beast, the V can compete with the best in both performance numbers and subjective refinement. Price hasn't been announced, but if Cadillac can offer a sub-$70,000 MSRP, there will be a lot of happy buyers — regardless of what the competition does in the future, or even if the price of fuel doubles.[/align]
Related Links:
[ul][*][align=center]Slideshow: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V[/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V vs. 2008 BMW M5 SMG[/align][*][align=center]Video: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V vs. 2008 BMW M5 SMG[/align][*][align=center]Video: Lap Around Monticello Motor Club[/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center]Kudo`s to GM[/align][align=center]Would you want one `if you could afford one ?[/align][align=center]What do you think of the CTS-V ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Default RE: 09 ZR1 Powered Caddy WoW : )

[align=center]a BeachBum Contribution 2 the MCF[/align][align=center]Source [:-][/align][align=center]

2009[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

last update: 17-10-2008

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Drivetrain
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
Rear Wheel Drive

Curb Weight (lbs)
4250 (est)

Horsepower
556 @ 6100

Torque (lb-ft)
551 @ 3800

Wheelbase (in.)

Length (in.)

Width (in.)

Height (in.)
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Cadillac launched its all-new CTS-V for 2009, based on its recently-redesigned CTS sedan. Power comes from GM's new 6.2-liter supercharged LSA motor. A rating of 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque should satisfy Cadillac's most demanding customers, giving the BMW M5 and Mercedes E63 some serious competition. "The CTS-V represents the full extension of our design, technology and performance capabilities," says Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. "The V-Series takes the award-winning CTS sport sedan and elevates it to a position within the club of the world's most exclusive and capable cars."The exterior is highlighted by a mesh grille and lower intake, a sculpted hood with engine bulge, 19-inch wheels, wider fenders, and quad tailpipes.GM has carried its Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) suspension system over to the CTS-V. The technology which also appears in the new Corvette ZR1 uses shocks controlled by electro-magnets, rather than mechanical valves. This makes MRC the world's fastest-reacting suspension technology, according to GM.Electronic sensors at all four wheels "read the road" every millisecond, making constant adjustments to damping to create a smooth ride when appropriate, and a firm ride when required. The technology prevents body roll during hard corners, yet keeps passengers comfortable while cruising.Another electronic system Performance Traction Management is a traction control technology borrowed from championship racing. While most traction control programs monitor and control wheel slip for enhanced drivability in poor conditions, PTM regulates torque delivery to instantly match the available tire grip for maximum acceleration.The sedan's Brembo brakes feature six pistons per caliper up front and four per caliper at the back. Combined with grippy Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires, the CTS-V has massive stopping ability.Transmission choices include either a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual or a Hydra-Matic 6L90 six-speed automatic with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Manually-equipped CTS-Vs tip the scales at 4,200 pounds, with the automatic adding another 100. The engine's immense power is owed in part to a sixth-generation Eaton supercharger, which minimizes the added noise previously associated with supercharged engines, and tightly controls intake air temperature for better performance."From the very start, engineers were cognizant of the role a high-performance engine plays in supporting the qualities customers expect in a Cadillac," said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. "The supercharged LSA engine delivers outstanding performance, but maximum power didn't come at the expense of refinement or quietness."The car has Recaro performance driving seats, with 14-way adjustment and pneumatic bolster controls. The seats, steering wheel, and shifter also feature microfiber material inserts, which mimic the appearance of suede without the required maintenance and ease of damage.Electronic features include a 40-gigabyte hard drive, advanced navigation system
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM

Very Nice!!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:06 PM

Verrrrry sexy. Loves it. Can't afford it.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 PM

why does caddy need a vette

Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Upscaled, detuned ZR1. The Vette is 605hp

Old 10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Im still trying to talk my mom into one haha

Old 10-18-2008, 03:36 AM

ORIGINAL: 07v8monte

why does caddy need a vette ?
Hi `Jon,
I think to compete with the BMW, Mercedes etc.
I think it`s crazy, but crazy `fun 4 Sure.
I would love to test drive one : )
I think a 4dr powered ZR1 is great for double dates, or
taking your friends : )
A 12 second 1/4 mile Caddy .....WoW : )
Why does Caddy need a ZR`1 ?
POWER
Why do they built cars that go over the speed limit ? : )

Old 10-18-2008, 06:58 AM

[align=center]Fastest V-8 Production Sedan in the World ?[/align][align=center]by[/align][align=center]GM - Cadillac Division[/align][align=center]WoW [8D][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]* High speed connection MCF Members Click on below...[/align][align=center]Dial `Up Members 4-Get `it : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Cadillac | 2009 CTS-V - High Performance Luxury Sedan [/align]
Meet the fastest V8 production sedan in the world. The all-new 2009 Cadillac CTS -V shatters perceptions and redefines the performance luxury sedan.
www.cadillac.com/09ctsv/ - 30k - Similar pages

If you had the $ dollars $, would be buy one ? Want one ?
[:-]

Yes ? [:-]

I would love 2 `be behind the wheel Right NOW : )
[:-]Space Command Center [:-]

Hold `On
[:-]

Dreams are still `free.....EnJoy yours
Below is link to Motor Trends First `Drive/pictures/More
[:-]click below [:-]
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...s_v/index.html

Old 10-18-2008, 03:36 PM

Absolutely I would want one! I've had my eye on these for years now and always said that someday I would like to have one as my everyday driver (probably would have to hit the lottery first though).Brother hasthethe new ZR1 vette on order (I come from a vette family).

Quick Reply: 09 ZR1 Powered Caddy WoW : )