General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

07 Monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RE: 07 Monte

From Left Lane News ref. Future Monte Carlo on Zeta Platform ?
[:-]Click below link for article[:-]

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...at-zeta-plant/

Old 09-25-2006, 05:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space, how about Generation 6R (Refreshed, Revised, Renewed, Reworked, Retooled)?

It seems to me that as long as the ISS problems exists, which it does my mine, GM has no basis to call this a 7th generation because it is not even close to being a perfected 6th generation with all that thumping that is coming from my steering column.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

From Left Lane News ref. Future Monte Carlo on Zeta Platform ?
[:-]Click below link for article[:-]

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...at-zeta-plant/
Is this a RWD or AWD platform?

Old 09-26-2006, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
Space, how about Generation 6R (Refreshed, Revised, Renewed, Reworked, Retooled)?
It seems to me that as long as the ISS problems exists, which it does my mine, GM has no basis to call this a 7th generation because it is not even close to being a perfected 6th generation with all that thumping that is coming from my steering column.
Grandpa Dave, What type of thumping from your steering column ? What does your dealer say ? What problems are you having with your ISS ? I just traded my 05 LT for a 06 LT w/the 3.9 & love it. Please post when & if you find the problems :[X(]. Sure hope it's not a major problem.

From my internet search it looks like the 2007 maybe the last for this model ? It looks like the future Monte's will be rear wheel drive around 2009-2010 ? After the new Camero, but who really knows with the way things are going with GM & our world ? I also read in Auto News that there is a rumor of a Merger between Ford & GM...Maybe they are on drugs ? or just trying to save the American Auto Makers ?

I hope that your Monte problems get resolved . Until then, enjoy your new edition to the family and keep your Monte nice 4 her.
`Space

Future
This article features excessive amounts of speculation and tries to argue a point rather than inform the user.
Please remove speculation and discussion from the article.
There are plans to move the Monte Carlo back to rear-wheel drive as early as 2008, on a new platform GM is building for premium Chevrolets and Pontiacs, most notably the 2009 Pontiac GTO. The 2006 restyle was only a temporary fix until the final plans are made, since changes are likely to be made due to GM's current financial state and rumored plans to revive the Camaro due to popular demand. There is also a possibility that the current Monte Carlo will be the last, due to GM's poor finances and limited demand for two-door cars, especially large ones. A revived Camaro and the Cobalt coupe could probably fulfill the remaining market for Chevrolet coupes between them.
Above infor obtained from below link:[:-]
http://www.answers.com/topic/chevrolet-monte-carlo

Old 09-26-2006, 02:35 PM

Space,

First of all, I get the funny thumping noise and vibration feedback at my steering wheel when ever I brake and turn or reverse and turn at low speeds. From all the posts here, I can only deduce that the problem is the ISS. I will take it in to the dealer soon for a check up.

Secondly, big news this morning over seas about a GM Nissan consolidation. Don't know what it is but I'm going to look it up over the net this week.

Keep the rubberside down[sm=gears.gif]
Grampa Dave

Old 10-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Monte Carlo
R.I.P.

Until U return on the Zeta Platform as a RWD
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/B83B8B387E5A4869A408594A7E58EB63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2006, 02:50 AM

OMG, the 07's are out already, lol! My Monte is 31 years old as of September. If I were to go MOPAR, I'd have to hold out for the Challenger. But if Pontiac were to bring back the Trans Am then I'd stick with GM. I saw a real sweet concept photo of the Trans Am and it looked a hell of a lot better than the Camaro.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:42 AM

TransAm concept?

Interesting!!

Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 AM

i've seen those pics of the concept Trans am i tell you what i would be on the ordering list for one of those, i guess i wouldnt of bought a monte carlo if i knew gm wasnt going to stand behind them and quit making them, that pisses me off, its a great car better then any of the other american car makers can produce in a two door large couple, I sold my trans am last april and miss it dearly, i havent even been at the track this year,

Old 10-15-2006, 05:59 AM

i just got done with my photogallery it is on page 3, i wish we had more space to work with i have more photos. thanks for checking it out, those pics were without the HID upgrades