General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07 Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 06-07 Headlamps

I qouted what other '06 owners have posted on here as well as on the 2kMC web site about their headlights and getting them replaced when the srvc manager was being a jerk to me. I also told Mike at Chevy what I had read & been told by other '06 Monte owners. He agreed with me.

I told him I wasn't looking to get something for nothing. But I am playing for the car and why shouldn't I be happy with it and the way it looks?

That's when he suggested looking for another Chevy dealer in my area to deal with.

As of right now I have no got the headlights replaced. I thought I'd save that for the time when the dealer really pissed me off and then I'd hit them with it. "OH by the way. I want the headlights replaced, too."

Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 PM

I will probably take mine in the spring or the spring before the warranty is up. No sense in getting them replaced 2 twice under warranty. I doubt the dealer will replace them twice under warranty. My selling dealer's service dept. are clueless and the old f**t service advisor is not too helpful. I remember these experiences when it comes time to buy a new car and I will buy from somewhere else.

I am a Chevy man, but I own a vintage Ford as well. So, I can always try another American Brand.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MCFs member Cain has posted his '06 Monte has had the headlights replaced a couple of times. And I believe GPD has as well with his '06 Monte.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Mine have been denied by the dealer. So i said screw it, but the factory warranty is up now anyway. I still have full powertrain warranty till 100,000.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Mine have only been replaced once on my 2006, which is upsetting that they had to be replaced at all. It sits in a heated/cooled garage all the time. I only drive it on weekends.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 AM

Have any other members besides RJ and 06LT3 been denied replacement of their headlamp assemblies? I stopped at the dealer yesterday make an appt. for state inspection and also show them my lights,which are dulling again.(I had them replaced once already). I parked it in the brightest area I could,right by the showroom,but they didn't look too bad there.(Maybe they have special lights on car lots to hide flaws!!!!!!!LOL)The service manager took it into the shop area for a better look,and said they looked OK to him.Then he checked the computer to see if there were any service bulletins on the headlamp chrome problem,and didn't find anything.
He said if he returned my lights to GM they would "come flying right back" as not defective.I told him maybe I am being too picky,but if you are paying that much for a vehicle it should meet your satisfaction. I also told him I read GM was working on a "fix" for the problem (according to a prior post by Cain 45).He said that was news to him,and he was unaware of any major complaints on the headlight issue,even though they replaced mine before.

Nonetheless,I set up my appt. for the state inspection(free for life at my dealer anyway) for next week.He said they can take a closer look at the lights then,but for right now they don't look defective. So much for my Christmas present from GM.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM

This is something else you can do too. I took the service manager out to the parking lot and showed him, on Impalas and other Montes, the problem I was seeing. In seeing others he said "well I'll be damned." Replaced mine then no questions asked. As for the others on the lot, well I'm sure he won't tell potential buyers about it.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM

I mentioned my headlight to the service mgr via email and he ordered and replaced the light without even seeing it first. The passenger side is just beginning to dull, but now I drive with the daytime running lights off.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 AM

Well,yesterday I took my car in for the State Inspection and they examined my lights again.They still say there is no visible problem with the chrome and will not replace them again.Then they gave me a copy of a GM service bulletin explaining how condensation inside headlamp assemblies is a normal occurance.

I wasn't born yesterday.I have owned over 20 vehicles in my lifetime,and worked at a dealership for over 4 years.I know the difference between condensation and dulling faded chrome.Condensation will disappear from time to time but these lights always look the same. I guess my next "satisfaction survey" will surprise them.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 AM

Take it to a different GM dealer!

Quick Reply: 06-07 Headlamps