General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

* Featured: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Road Test + more

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM

I did beat you from the stop light you didnt catch up til around 100 even tho you were gaining on me but my top speed is higher so I pulled ahead again. Now from 60+ you did beat the hell out of me. I couldnt keep up. I had you at the light in the quarter tho. Everytime we raced from 60+ you got 2 car lengths or so ahead until we hit 105 then I started gaining again.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Both times that we went from a stop i missed a shift kept shifting to 2nd right as i was shifting so it went to 3rd, but yeah from a roll i had ya everytime, we need to do it again once i tune the limiter outta it & see what we can do from stops

Old 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I did beat you from the stop light you didnt catch up til around 100 even tho you were gaining on me but my top speed is higher so I pulled ahead again. Now from 60+ you did beat the hell out of me. I couldnt keep up. I had you at the light in the quarter tho. Everytime we raced from 60+ you got 2 car lengths or so ahead until we hit 105 then I started gaining again.

LoL Thanks `Grizz for your post & information...Sound 2 me like you beat Mike's `Edge LOL, but Mike claims below that he missed a shift with his automotive (LOL) Oops LOL. I think a Re-Match is in order + a Vid Maybe `Mike didn't have the `Edge on the Win in a 1/4 mile ? This thread has turned out to be a fun thread LOL..
Keep us updated & we all we be waiting

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Both times that we went from a stop i missed a shift kept shifting to 2nd right as i was shifting so it went to 3rd, but yeah from a roll i had ya everytime, we need to do it again once i tune the limiter outta it & see what we can do from stops

LoL `Mike, I knew that you would have an excuse I know just wait until when you tune it & take the limit's `out & the junk in the back out LOL
Seriously, it would be great `if you both could get 2gether & line them `up @ the track On the MCF we don't condone Street Racing 4-Sure..I know I never would (Sorry, I just lied) LOL

I thought when I started this thread it would just get hits on how well the 04 Supercharged Monte's run, but it has turned in2 a Challenge of a new Ford Edge against a 04 SuperCharged S.S. with the talented owner/race-driver `Grizz

I hope that you both can get together safely & line them `up & let us know the results...We will be waiting 4-Sure!!!!!!

Thanks also for all the funnies that this has created on this thread ~> I've EnJoyed 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 08-27-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM

After limiter is removed if you win maybe my stearing went out? jkjk lol

Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
After limiter is removed if you win maybe my stearing went out? jkjk lol
Idk how well thatll work for ya & lol your not my neighbor so i doubt that ur steering will go out

Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 AM

I will have to remove my limiter too lol but in a quarter I dont think we hit the limiters stock I think we were actually doing half miles lol

Old 08-28-2012, 01:08 AM

btw gov in not 112 cus I hit 114 befor shutdown lol

Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 AM

OK, enough SMACK `Talk, let's get a date set & let everyone know so we can get MCF officials out to confirm the race & winner...Best runs outa "3"

I'm betting of the SuperCharged Monte Carlo 4-Sure. I think `Grizz has the `Edge over Mike's Edge (LOL)

Enough `Talk, we want/need/demand action 4-Sure...
Driver's, lets us know when/where etc ?
Please record event & time slips from a track would be awesome 4-Sure We all we will checking back on this Race Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 AM

p.s. I know what's going to happen The night of the Race `Mike(JG) is going to show `up in his SRT 8 & say he 4-got to bring his Edge or he didn't get his limiter removed, or it didn't have any gas in it...etc....etc...

& then he'd say "Wanta Race my SRT 8" `Grizz ? & Grizz says,
wait a few minutes because my girlfriend is on her way in her new ZR'1 & we can line'em `up" (LOL)

OK, I'm really tired this morning, so please 4-give me 4 I know not what I do sometimes (Ok, most of the time) ~> Ok, all of the time...

OK, lets race & End this debate/claim that Mike's Edge is faster then a SuperCharged Monte Carlo....LOL

Member's/Friends

Last edited by Space; 08-28-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Where's SRT 8 Mike (JG) & the `Griz ? ?
Are they avoiding us ? When is the Race to prove which is faster ? Everyone keeps clicking this thread to find out, but there's no reply ? ?

"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement."

"An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied."

"Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it."

"Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold - but so does a hard-boiled egg. "

Above quotes were a bump 2 get action...

Quick Reply: * Featured: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Road Test + more