Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 AM

36mm axle nut, right?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine was.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 PM

Well my r/f speed sensor jumper wire is gone....smh! Thats the reason why I have the abs light on my dash. Anyone know how can the "sensor from the car" (not the hub) can be replace? I guess it happened when I got the assembly put on at another shop and they didn't connect it or something and it must have gotten caught on something while in motion and snapped. So now im left with a hub but nothing to connect it too....

Oh and my axel nut on my monte size is 36mm

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There should be enough wire coming down the control arm to piggy-back a new harness to.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 AM

thats the thing Sheep: I don't know what type of harness is needed...smh! I want to get the exact or proper harness to fit/register right with the wheel hub. Ive been searching on the net but no luck on the part. I guess I will have to go to the dealer instead

Old 03-11-2012, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
thats the thing Sheep: I don't know what type of harness is needed...smh! I want to get the exact or proper harness to fit/register right with the wheel hub. Ive been searching on the net but no luck on the part. I guess I will have to go to the dealer instead
You can look up on Rock Auto, or Autozone or Advance. But there is a Dorman front ABS wire harness replacement kit. One for the front left and front right. One of my front harnesses was bad as I kept getting ABS codes for a particular front hub. The front OEM harnesses going bad is a common problem as I believe they were too short and would break from the wheel turning back and forth. Or you can get a replacement harness from your dealer.

But I spliced in my new wire harness at the subframe right past the control arm. It also comes with weather proof butt connectors. You have to heat up the ends. This seals them up from the weather. I took it a step further and put heat shrink tubing around the butt connector, and shrunk that down. Then I had weatherproof stretch tape that I wrapped up the conduit with around where the butt connectors are.

The factory repair has you splice it in inside the large conduit that the wire harness goes into. But I didn't see how you could get to that large conduit, so I just spliced into the ABS wire harness at the subframe right past the control arm.

My ABS light hasn't come on since the repair.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsmith
You can look up on Rock Auto, or Autozone or Advance. But there is a Dorman front ABS wire harness replacement kit. One for the front left and front right. One of my front harnesses was bad as I kept getting ABS codes for a particular front hub. The front OEM harnesses going bad is a common problem as I believe they were too short and would break from the wheel turning back and forth. Or you can get a replacement harness from your dealer.

But I spliced in my new wire harness at the subframe right past the control arm. It also comes with weather proof butt connectors. You have to heat up the ends. This seals them up from the weather. I took it a step further and put heat shrink tubing around the butt connector, and shrunk that down. Then I had weatherproof stretch tape that I wrapped up the conduit with around where the butt connectors are.

The factory repair has you splice it in inside the large conduit that the wire harness goes into. But I didn't see how you could get to that large conduit, so I just spliced into the ABS wire harness at the subframe right past the control arm.

My ABS light hasn't come on since the repair.
Sounds like my next step. Thank you.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 PM

I too have the abs light on,
The codes that i have are sending me to rear drivers wheel. The bearing it self is fine,
i was looking at replacing just the speed sensor. I too was looking at the stand alone sensors, but this thread tells me i cant replace just sensor, it says i have to replace whole bearing/hub assembly. is this true?
also all of these issues seem to be related to front end,
I was looking at possibly also replacing rear wiring harness. but i cant find any online and even the dealership cant tell me what it will cost. Are the front and Rear ABS/Speed sensor wiring harnesses interchangeable?
anyone know where i can find a rear wiring harness?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Just replaced my front hub assembly, Went to Harbor Freight (close to the house) to buy the 36mm, Had to buy the Complete set (32mm is largest single sold). Glad I did, My Axle Nut was 34mm!.. $38. for the set. Not bad for Impact set that I'll only use once or twice... Also I had ordered Hub with SS clip, mine ended up being plastic... Just removed the SS clip & attached the plastic one. Works.... Timken Hub, passed the cheaper ones up. Thanks Guy's