FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Repair Guide: 6th Gen Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Just changed mine friday and it looked worst then my air filter !

Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 PM

I am so glad to find this forum. Just finished installing stepper motors in ipc. Now this is next. I'll be back, great forum.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have yet to change mine out and I have 60,000 miles on my Monte and I guarantee that it hasn't been changed yet........ a little to cold to do it right now, I want to see how bad it really is, I'll post pics if and when I get a chance to change it.....

Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 PM

I've had never seen a single document or set of instructions indicating the direction of airflow.

The replacement cabin filter I put in had an airflow arrow on it, and the directions simply said "Put arrow in direction of airflow."

I would have assumed the airflow direction was down, but then I saw some instructions that said "Ensure arrow is pointing up!"

Can anyone clarify this, please?

edit: FYI here is the site that specifies the arrow should be pointing UP http://www.ehow.com/how_7203542_repl...nte-carlo.html

Last edited by grizzlyaddams; 08-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I replaced the cabin filter in my '03 it appeared to have the original AC Delco filter in it. The way it was installed the smooth side of the filter was on the top (exposed) and the pleated side was hidden on the underside. I don't recall seeing an arrow, but I installed the replacement filter the same way. IIRC you can only put the filter in one way in order to get it to fit properly into the opening.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I just thought I would post additional Diagrams/ Directions that I just found, even though they say the samething pretty much.

http://www.micronair.us/assets/pdfs/62.pdf

I apparently need to do this. LOL. I thought it was an option I didnt have because on my Mom's Bonneville, there is an obvious "door" that you just pop off, and bam, there is the filter. I didn't see the door on my car, so assumed I just didn't have the filter. Needless to say, I was wrong, its just more barried in the Monte! Will be changing soon!
You guys are awesome coming up with directions how too do certain things, I am no mechanic but that looks pretty simple too attempt and I doubt my 2000 has ever been done.
I dont have too remove the wiper arms do I??

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chris s
I dont have too remove the wiper arms do I??
No, just turn the car off with the wipers in the up position

Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
No, just turn the car off with the wipers in the up position
The only problem I had was getting the push pins out other then that it was pretty simple too do, Just as I guessed the original ac delco was in there as the date was stamped on it, Cant beleive the idiots in Oshawa Ont That built the car, The filter wasnt even seated properly It was mushed in and completly folded up No wonder the air circulation sucked, I cleaned it all out and bought the new kind with with arm and Hammer Baking soda and charcoal in it at Crappy tire for 28.00 with tax Before I closed it back up I sprayed the filter with Fabreeze new car spray and it smells nice, All finished up and if I had to do it again I could do it in no time flat and Im an idiot haha. I will Post pics later of the process on my wall if anyone wants too see how its done.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Thumbs up Compartment air filter

I never would have thought to change this filter; if I wouldn't have been for this fourm. Such an easy switch. Even on "YOU TUBE" shows how to replace it.
I did the change today. WOW! Even with 47k miles on car it was plugged with dirt. Just bought car two weeks ago and went to put on vent air, smelled like "wet dog hair". Now just fresh air!
THANKS

Old 09-20-2013, 03:16 PM

Taz.. thanx for posting the instructions.
I changed mine today....easy to do.
I purchased an AC Delco filter for $23 from my dealer.
thanx again ...... graham

Quick Reply: Repair Guide: 6th Gen Cabin Air Filter Replacement