Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ZZP Turbo Charger kits/Super Charger kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

when my monte comes out its not just to baby it, where is the fun in that? i barely get a chance to drive it so when i do its to the floor every chance i get, but i am the opposite i rarely get beat im normally racing something that after its over i think to myself wow that was a waste of gas. then i say to myself o well at least it was fun! as far as a $500 engine im way over that thou so when i do blow it up its one of them "o no (choice words) time to start saving again!"

Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man, 17 was almost 10 years ago for me and I still drive my Monte like I drove cars back then, lol. I'm not really worried about blowing something in my Monte though. While I have put a LOT of money into the engine, I can find a replacement engine/tranny dirt cheap so I'm not scared, lol. 3800's/4T65E's are a dime a dozen.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM

im gonna get the ZZP Z3 turbo charger kit once i get enough money for it.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:07 PM

i know this is an older thread...i have read this a couple of times...what i am doing is getting the stattama turbo kit...reason being is that way i don't have to keep upgrading the turbo for more power...what i am going to do however, is when i get everything done at the end of this year, i am going to have an extra PCM programmed...i will have this PCM tuned down so i can run the car everyday, if i choose...if i plan to race the car or take it to the track, all i have to do is plug the other PCM, and i'm on my way...the stattama kit is the most complete kit out there...by the time you upgrade your z3 or z7 kits, you will have spent more money than you would have purchasing the stattama kit

Old 05-04-2014, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member

^^Very true. Ever think about buying hp tuners and having 2 tunes that you can just flash with hpt instead of messing with swapping pcm and doing security relearn everytime?

Old 05-04-2014, 01:22 PM

actually i didn't think of that...but, i have no idea how to reflash the pcm...i would have no idea on to how to even get the program...is it something that can be installed on my laptop and flash the pcm using my laptop???? i would think even reflashing would take more time than to swap out pcm's...i don't think i would have to worry about the security...i have the old vats system

Last edited by djhixter; 05-04-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member

Re flashing takes about 45 seconds lol no joke. You buy hp tuners and install it on your lap top. Hp tuners comes with 8 credits and I believe it takes 2 credits to unlock one pcm. Once the pcm is unlocked you can re flash it for ever and no more credits would be needed unless you swap the pcm and then you would need to use credits to unlock a new pcm for the first time only again.

It is a tuning software so you can data log and send scans to a tuner and they can tune from your scan and email you a new tune and you flash it and data log again for them. Easy way to tune. It sounds confusing but it's really not. The tuning part is a little complex but as far as data logging and flashing it's a cake walk

Old 05-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Re flashing takes about 45 seconds lol no joke. You buy hp tuners and install it on your lap top. Hp tuners comes with 8 credits and I believe it takes 2 credits to unlock one pcm. Once the pcm is unlocked you can re flash it for ever and no more credits would be needed unless you swap the pcm and then you would need to use credits to unlock a new pcm for the first time only again.

It is a tuning software so you can data log and send scans to a tuner and they can tune from your scan and email you a new tune and you flash it and data log again for them. Easy way to tune. It sounds confusing but it's really not. The tuning part is a little complex but as far as data logging and flashing it's a cake walk
awesome...thank you for that info...we have had a few pcms reflashed at our shop, and it took almost 45 mins to perform...i may have to do some research on that...i did have plans on having the car dyno-tuned at zzp after everything was done...i'm wondering if i can have two files saved..one with an all out racing/strip tune, and the other file a detuned version and just flash back and forth...

Old 05-04-2014, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member

Yes you can do that as far as 2 tunes if you wish. Before I would go to zzp for a dyno tune I would consider dyno tune motorsports. That's who tuned turbo monte and he is a very good guy. He was intense racing tuner before he opened up his own shop. Very smart and knows his stuff. He will tune it to make power and still be safe as well.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Thumbs up >Turbo 4 MAX POWER<

>Bump 4 Turbo Power > Great Thread<
Thanks Zippy `Greg

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.